Say what now? (Jessie Fleming x Reader)

Hi 😃 i was wondering could you do an imagine where the reader is Alex's little sister and the team accidentally finds out that she's actually dating Jessie Fleming. Love your writing ❤️❤️ thank you xx

I am in the stands wearing my USWNT away jersey, rocking Alex's number with 'Morgan' etched on the back. Today is USWNT's friendly against Canada and since it is spring break, I decided to fly over here in Portland where my sister is going against my girlfriend in a match.

You see, my sister doesn't know that I am dating Jessie. We have been together for about 4 months now and we wanted to kind of keep everything to ourselves first while we test the waters in our relationship and so far it's been the happiest I have been. She makes me the happiest person alive and I hope I do the same for her.

Jessie and I go to the same college, which is UCLA. Her being in the soccer team, while I am in the Swim Team, and being in the journalism club, covering sports, and that brought us together in a way.

I watched as my sister and her team did their warm-ups when my gaze went to the other side of the field where my girlfriend was also warming up. She and I made eye contact and I couldn't stop the smile that formed on my face. I see the Canadian bite her lip, trying to suppress her smile too, and that just made me smile bigger.

I was brought out of my daze when I felt someone nudge me. I looked at who it was and saw it was Sue. She gave me a small smile, but the look of concern was clear on her face.

"You okay kid?" I gave her a smile and a nod. "Good, your sister has been calling you but I guess you were too occupied by a certain Canadian to notice." I ducked my head, trying to hide the blush that was creeping up on my face and instead looked at my older sister, who was looking at me with concern, a group of girls looking my way too.

I just gave her a smile and a thumbs up. The look on her face said she didn't believe me, but that response was enough for her to go back to warming up.

"So... Fleming huh?" Sue gave me a knowing look, which just caused me to nudge her and for her to laugh.

.

The USA ended up winning 3-0, which was expected. Christen scored the first goal, then Alex, and the last goal was made by my Pinoe. I ended up telling Sue about my relationship with Jessie because she was like an older sister to me, and she annoyed the hell out of me with all her teasing. Something she and Pinoe have in common, the only difference is Sue id more bearable.

I'm on the field right now, just messing around with the ball with Sue, when I noticed a certain Canadian approach me.

"Hey." I watched as Jessie approached me nervously, making me think that it was because Sue was with me. She hadn't looked this nervous since she asked me out on a date, which made me confused when she still acted that way when Sue excused herself, probably to go to Megan.

I grabbed her hand, which was fidgeting with the sleeve of her jacket, and rubbed my thumb on her knuckled relaxing her a bit. "What's wrong love?"

After a few more seconds of silence, she blurted out "I did something, please don't get mad and hate me." so fast it almost gave me whiplash.

"Love I need you to slow down. What did you do? Is it when you slammed into Alex a while ago? I know it was an accident, and I'm pretty sure she knows it too."

She shook her head and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath, which worried me.

"They know."

Those 2 words took a while to process in my brain. I looked behind Jess and I saw the US team looking at the both of us, Alex with her arms crossed, the younger ones with cheesy grins, and the veterans with mixed facial expressions. That's when it all clicked.

They knew.

The whole team was like sisters to me, and they tend to be super overprotective, especially the veterans. My previous relationships all didn't end well, making them super overprotective towards me since they were there to cheer me up during all my breakdowns, they all saw me at my highest and lowest points, so I understand the mixed facial expressions they were throwing our way.

I looked back at Jessie and saw her fidgeting while looking down, probably feeling guilty, making me feel guilty too, for some reason. I gently lifted her chin up and gave her a smile.

"Scott and Zadorsky saw us make eye contact before the game and were teasing me once we arrived in our locker room when Kelley entered and overheard the conversation and the next thing you know, she was screaming and running back to their locker room. I didn't even know that she was there."

"It's okay babe, they would have known sooner or later anyway." I gave her a small smile in which she returned making me kiss her forehead. I then pulled her towards my sister. It's now or never.

.

Once we were in front of everyone, I gave them all a nervous cheeky grin in which they just rose an eyebrow to.

"So... guys this is my girlfriend, Jessie, babe, you know them." I watched as Jessie shifted uncomfortably on where she is standing and let out a cute little wave which caused me to smile.

The whole team seemed to notice because they exchanged looks with one another, the others with a grin, but Alex still had a very serious expression while staring at my girlfriend which made her grow more uncomfortable.

"How long have you been dating?" Kelley asked Jessie, breaking the silence, which I was thankful for.

I looked at Jessie and gave her a small nod and an encouraging smile.

"4 months, turning 5 next week."

"How did you guys meet?"

"I did a paper on the women's soccer team after they won a game and she was one of the people I had to interview, and after that, she asked me if I wanted to go to Athlete's night with her as her date and our relationship kind of escalated from there."

After a few more questions from the team, I could sense that Jessie was growing more comfortable with them and so was the team, except for my sister. So, I stood beside her and gave her a small nudge.

"Penny for your thoughts?" She looked at me with her eyebrows stuck together and a small frown on her face.

"Why didn't you tell me? We tell everything to each other." I gave her a guilty smile and looked down.

"I was gonna tell you, I swear. Jessie and I were just kind of testing the waters and I wanted to tell you in person."

She nodded and looked down, the sound of silence once again falling upon us. A few seconds passed before she looked up at me and stared at me for a second.

"Does she make you happy?"

I looked at Jessie, who was talking and laughing with Mal since she was the only one she knew in the team. We made eye contact and she gave me a small smile and wave which I returned and faced Alex once again. I knew she watched our interaction.

"Yes, she makes me very happy."

Alex gave me a smile and pulled me in for a hug.

"Well then if you're happy, then I'm happy. That's all I ever want for you."