Malibu Nights- Part 5 (Christen Press x Reader)

Right now we are on the bus going to the field for a game against Denmark. The air in the bus was so thick as everyone stayed silent for the game that was gonna happen. Our team dynamic during practice was so bad, I'm getting nervous about our game today.

Once we arrived at the locker rooms I decide to speak up.

"May I please get your attention."

They stopped their preparation to look at me.

"Our team dynamic has been pretty shit lately. I know what happened between me and you know who really affected that. Can we please forget about everything that happened, not just during this game but just in general. Please? Let's go back to the way everything was. We are a family, we are all best friends, you don't have to act like you're walking on eggshells around me and all that shit. Now let's go out there and fucking dominate the field."

They all cheered except for Tobin, who just glared at me, and Christen who shot me a small smile in which I returned. Carli came to me with the Captain's armband and I just looked at her questioningly.

"You're the captain this match, we all voted for it."

I looked around and saw all my teammates giving me an encouraging smile making me pout and hug them.

We all got done preparing before going out of the tunnel. We sang both national anthems before the kickoffs began.

.

Tobin was really getting on my nerves. The number of times the ball was stolen from her just because she refused to pass it to me even though I was obviously free was ridiculous and she was really pushing on my buttons.

It was now half time and we are in the locker rooms right now. We haven't gotten any goal yet, and Denmark already got 2 in. This is really a shit show.

I sat quietly as Vlatko started talking but I wasn't paying attention. I was just looking at Tobin who was sitting by herself at the corner. Everybody was starting to be pissed at her. They noticed what she was doing and they didn't like it one bit.

I stood up and decided to drag her outside the locker room so I could speak to her properly.

"Hey, what the hell?"

"Sit."

I pointed at the floor and she hesitantly complied. I sat beside her and glared at her.

"What the fuck is your problem Tobin?"

"What do you mean?"

"Oh cut the bullshit Heath I know you know what I'm talking about."

"I feel guilty."

"You feel guilty so you... glare at me? That makes no sense Tobin Heath."

"I feel guilty and frustrated and mad. I'm fucking furious at you Y/n."

I looked at her confused.

"Why?"

"Because you have her and I don't."

.

Tobin and I talked it out. There's still a lot to talk about but there is only so much to discuss in that 15-minute break. But now we are about to go on the field for the second half. Tobin didn't go into the field anymore since Vlatko said she needed to get her shit together so Pinoe was the one who went in instead.

Once the whistle blew, it was go time.

.

We won 3-2. We secured our defense for the second half and made sure that the ball wouldn't even go near their goal.

I am now in my pajamas and rechecking my suitcase because Pinoe and I were flying early in the morning back to Seattle so we can join our club teams earlier than the rest of the girls since it's been a while since I trained with them and Pinoe didn't want me to fly alone... and because she wanted to see Sue. But you and I both know that that is the real reason.

I'm in Kelley's hotel room since I moved here during the middle of camp since they don't want me staying in a room with Tobin, so I laid on the bed and looked up at the ceiling.

I was brought out of my thoughts when there was a knock on the door. I dragged my feet up and opened the door but the sleepiness left my body once I saw who was at the door.

"Can I please talk to you?"