Every Breath you take- Jessie Fleming

This is just something I pulled out of the hat. I thought it was cute so I decided to write it, but I'm sorry it's kinda short.

(Jessie's POV)

"HEY CANADA!!" I turned around and was faced by the most beautiful person I have ever seen. She was wearing her number 23 UCLA jersey. Y/n Y/L/N... I have had the biggest crush on her since being her teammate her at UCLA.

I watched as she jogged in front of me and gave me a pat on the back.

"Welcome back Fleming. You guys might not have won the World Cup, but y'all did a good job." I gave her a smile and mumbled a small thanks before watching her jog to our teammates.

"You have it bad Jes." I snap out of my thoughts when I heard Teagan's voice beside me.

She wrapped her arm around my shoulder and shook her head.

"When are you gonna tell her your crush on her? I'm getting tired of you just staring at her. It's obvious that you like her and I'm pretty sure she likes you too, so what's stopping you?"

I looked at her questioningly.

"How did you know she likes me? I'm pretty sure she doesn't." I felt my shoulder slump.

"She laughs at all of your jokes, I'm pretty sure that girl likes you." She looked at me for a second before giving me a creepy smile. "I have a plan, but we're gonna need backup."

I looked back at Y/n and sighed. This is going to be interesting.

.

.

.

(Y/n's POV)

I entered the changing room holding my cleats and sat down on the bench. I was in the middle of removing my shirt when I heard a guitar start to play. I looked up questioningly, then I saw Teagan in front of me strumming the guitar. I smiled at her and decided to put a cleaner UCLA shirt on before sitting to watch her, what I didn't expect was Hannah, Anika, Ashley, Delanie, Karina and Jessie enter the changing room swaying.

I let out a giggle as I watch them in front of me, in a line, with big cheeky grins. My eyes landed on Jessie, giving her a questioning look, but not gonna lie, she looks super adorable right now.

Then Hannah moved forward, singing. And I did notice the way she changed the lyrics.

Every breath you take and every move you make
Every bond you break, every step you take, she'll be watching you

She'll? that's... that's kinda creepy. and who's 'she'? She then moved back and it was Ashley's turn.

Every single day and every word you say
Every game you play, every night you stay, she'll be watching you

She gave me a cheeky smile and glanced at Jessie which made everything click in my head. Ashley and Karina are the only ones who know about my crush on Jessie. So I looked at both of them in disbelief but Karina just sent me a wink which caused me to roll my eyes.

Then Jessie stood in front of me and that was the only time I noticed that she had her hands behind her back.

Oh, can't you see you belong to me
How my poor heart aches with every step you take

She put her hand out and saw she was holding a flower and she was giving it to me. I can't control the huge smile that etched my face and pulled her down to kiss her cheek, everyone cheering when I did that. She immediately straightened up, obviously shocked by what I did, and her face adorably super red.

She looked at me and gave me a shy smile before going back to her place in the line. I watched as she swayed with the girls for the rest of the song. Once it was finished, they dispersed like nothing happened and Jessie approached me.

"Well Canada, that was... interesting." She glanced at me, with that adorable smile of hers making my smile wider, if that was even possible. "Was that your way of telling me you like me?"

She let out a nervous chuckle and scratched her nape. "Um... yeah, kinda. It was Teagan's idea."

I glanced at Teagan and saw she was just behind the lockers, sneaking a glance with the rest of the girls, making me chuckle.

"Of course it was." I looked back at Jessie and noticed she was nervously shuffling in her place.

"Well lucky for you... I like you too."

Her head snapped to look at me and I can't help but giggle at how adorable she looked.

"Y-you d-do?"

I nodded and kissed her cheek.

"Of course I do silly. Meet me out by the quad in 30, let's go grab some coffee."

She nods her head and hurriedly gets her things and scurries out, but then she comes back in and I gave her a questioning look but before I could say anything, she gave me a peck on the cheek, smiled at me, before running back out. I'm pretty sure I look like a tomato right now.

"Well, that was interesting."

I looked back and saw Lauren Brzykcy standing there with an amused smile on her face, obviously seeing the interaction that both Jessie and I had. I nodded my head and giggled.

Yeah, she is interesting.