In My Blood (Carli Lloyd x Reader)

Being the daughter of Carli Lloyd puts a lot of pressure on your shoulder, it also doesn't help that I also happen to play soccer. So being compared to my mother on the daily basis is also something that I go through on the daily basis but add the expectations that my mother has on me on top of all that, my mom being a famous athlete, all eyes are one me. If I do something wrong, they make a huge deal out of it. It's like they are waiting for me to slip up.

My dad left the picture the moment my mom told him that she was pregnant with me so she had been taking care of me alone all my life. And due to her job, she is required to travel around all the time for camps and matches and stuff so I am with my grandparent most of the time, I would come with her to camps during breaks and stuff but I lived with my grandparents for school.

The great thing about all of this was I had 22 amazing aunts that I look up to and they all help mom with taking care of me sometimes. So I grew up with a lot of strong women and they influenced me in so many ways and I could just go up to them and talk to them when I needed someone.

But right now, it's just getting too much.

I am curled up on my bathroom floor, just bawling my eyes out. Our high school lost the match we had against our neighboring district and it was because I missed the PK and this caused a huge uproar in our school and a lot of people have just been pointing fingers at me. So, when I arrived home, I went straight up to my room and I haven't come out since.

(Carli's POV)

We just finished up with our training and we are now on the bus on our way to the hotel. The camp was ending in about 3 days and I am excited to go back home and spend time with my daughter.

I was dozing off when my phone rang. I looked at who was calling and saw that it was my mom. I excitedly answered, knowing that today was Y/n's soccer match and I'm sure my mom was calling me about that.

"Hey mom, how's Y/n? Did they win?"

"Is there a chance that you could come back home earlier?"

I started getting worried when she said that.

"What? Why? What happened? Is Y/n okay?"

That caught the attention of a lot of my teammates as they looked back at me with concern. Y/n grew closer to everyone in this team and they are all like family to her and I appreciate them for being there for her.

"She won't come out of her room, I'm guessing they lost the championship. And knowing her, she is beating herself up for it. She needs her mom."

"I'll take the first flight out."

I asked Vlatko if I could go home earlier and he said yes. I told everyone what happened and they said that they were going to try to visit Y/n, which I know my daughter will appreciate.

I quickly packed my bags and then I was off to Jersey.

(Y/n's POV)

It's the next day and I haven't come out of my room, not really feeling very social at the moment.

Gramps and Grammy did knock on my door a few times and they even brought my food up but I barely touched my food, having lost my appetite. I have just been hiding under my blankets, wanting the sheets to swallow me up.

My phone was drained and I didn't charge it last night so I don't know if anyone tried to get in contact with me for the last 10 hours but I just kind of want to be left alone anyway.

I heard the door open and my blanket was yanked away from me. I looked up and was shocked when I saw my mom.

She gave me a sad smile as I went and immediately pulled her into a hug, letting a sob come out of my mouth as she rubbed my back in comfort.

"Shhh, it's okay. Let it all out."

After a few minutes of just being in that my mom placed her hand on my chin and lifted my head up to get a better look at my face, She wiped the tears using the pad of her thumb.

"I missed the PK mom. If only I was able to get that ball through, then we would have won. It's all my fault."

She shook her head and gave me a sad smile.

"It's not your fault. Soccer is a team sport. You should not have to feel like you're carrying the whole team in your shoulder. This is just pone match, there are going to be more matches that you will have in the future that you would feel like you didn't do your job, but whatever happens, always remember that I am so so proud of you, and you have 22 other Aunties that are willing to literally die for you."

I chuckled just thinking about all of my Aunts.

"We can't do anything about it now. All you could do is learn from it and look at things that you could improve on, take those lessons, and come back with your head held high stronger than ever. You're a Lloyd. That's how Lloyds are. Soccer is in your blood. I believe in you."

I gave my mom a smile and pulled her in for another hug.

"Thank you Mom, I love you."

She kissed my forehead as we slightly swayed back and forth.

"I love you too."

(Carli's POV)

Y/n has another match, so I am here in the stands with Ash, Kelley, Ali, Alex, Tobin, and Christen, as we watched my daughter walk out into the field with her head held high and a huge smile on her face.

"She looks good out there."

"Yeah, she has been working hard ever since the last match and I'm just so proud of her."

I watched as my daughter ran around the field and seeing that 'Lloyd 10′ on her back just does things to my feelings.

It was already the 89th minute and the ball landed in front of Y/n. She already had 2 goals under her belt and I know she is aiming for a hat trick. She kicked the ball and we watched as the ball bounced to the back of the net.

We all jumped from our seats and cheered as Y/n was jumped by her teammates. She looked up at us and pointed at us with a huge smile and doing the number 1 with her fingers.

The whistle blew indicating the end of the match.