Fallin' All In You (Christen Press x Reader)

Second day of Shawn Mendes week, wazgud wazpoppin'

I am in love with Christen Press. I have been for a very long time now. Everything must be good and dandy right? Wong. She's dating Tobin.

Right now is the 79th minute in our game against Orlando.

"Y/N OVER HERE!"

I quickly looked at where the voice came from and saw that Christen was free and no one was guarding her. I quickly passed the ball to her and I watched as she kicked the ball into the back of the net.

I cheered and caught her as she ran up to me and jumped on me. I looked up to her as she smiled at me and I was suddenly starstruck.

We were then being swarmed with our teammates as I brought the forward down.

"EVERYBODY GO BACK TO POSITION!"

We followed what Captain Becky said and went back to our positions on the field. I glanced back at Christen and we smiled at each other before bringing our attention back into the game.

After the game, we shook hands with the Orlando players and hugged those who I was teammates with on the National Team. I was talking to Krashlyn and Syd when we heard the audience shout louder. We looked at the direction of the tunnel and saw Tobin standing there with a grin. We watched as Christen jogged towards there and hug the Portland Thorns player.

I quickly faced away and I noticed Kelley give me a sympathetic look but I just smiled at her and excused myself from my friends and went to the locker room. I was fixing some of my things when a hand was placed on my shoulder.

I looked up and saw that Reba, Kelley, and Vero were giving me concerned looks. I waved them off and gave them a pained smile.

"I'm fine guys, I promise. I'm going ahead. Tell the Orlando players to just text me if they want to hang while they are still in Utah."

"I'm coming with you."

I gave Kelley a questioning look as she started grabbing her things.

"You need someone right now. Plus I need a ride."

I rolled my eyes and just nodded. I waited for her to finish getting her things and we bid our farewells to our teammates and we went to the parking lot.

On our way there, we saw Tobin and Chris talking to each other. As much as I don't want them to see me, they were 3 cars down my car, so we had no choice but to pass them. Let's just hope that they don't notice.

But luck isn't on my side, when is it ever though, so at this point I am not surprised.

"Hey Y/n, hey Kels."

I gave them a tight-lipped smile and waved as I walked to the car faster with Kelley following behind me. I felt Christen's eyes follow me as I made my way to the driver's side and started the car. Kelley entered the passenger side and put a hand on my shoulder.

"You okay?"

I faced her as tears started forming in my eyes.

"No."

.

After a long heart-to-heart talk with Kelley, I was left alone in my apartment, laying on my couch with a bunch of paper scattered on my coffee table as I stared at the ceiling. It was about 8 in the evening and I couldn't sleep, the green-eyed forward stuck in my head, so I decided to start writing a song because that has always helped me channel out my emotions.

She changed me as a person ever since I met her. She seems to always bring out the best in me, she does that with everyone, that's her superpower. She broke my walls down. When I first came to Utah, I was a closed-off person. I didn't talk to anyone on the team really and no one made the effort to do so, except for her, Kelley and Becky. I was easily frustrated and I was hard on myself. But then we became closer and I started opening up more and been playing my best, and that's what caused Jill to notice me. She's the reason why I am who I am today. She plays a huge role in my life without her even knowing.