Seasons of Love - Part 2 (Christen Press X Reader)

It's time for one of my favorite seasons. This kind of feels rushed cause it's literally 2 in the morning but I'm kind of happy with how it turned out. 

Fall

Oh your sweet disposition
And my wide-eyed gaze
We're singing in the car getting lost upstate
Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place
And I can picture it after all these days.
— Taylor Swift

2017

The smell of the autumn breeze relaxed you as you took a deep breath, taking in your surroundings. The children playing, their joyful waves of laughter ringing in your ear, the chatter of the parents nearby as they looked after their children, some young couples sitting on the grass basking in the beauty of young love while the old couples sitting on the benches serving as a reminder that love is endless.

But was what you were feeling called love?

Confusion once again set on you as you thought about a certain forward.

You have known each other for a year now. All the late-night talks, the occasional visits when one is in town. You have developed this bond of friendship, a bond that is slowly turning into feelings of more than that and you were scared.

Scared of falling.

Instead of thinking more about it, you decided to drive to the pool area, the one true thing that you fell for and never left you. Despite constantly complaining about it to your teammates, you were in love with it. The smell of chlorine constantly giving you comfort, whistles blowing, and coaches screaming giving you this rush, and the sound of each stroke and each kick that the swimmers make as they swim the Olympic sized pool make you unconsciously smile.

And that's exactly how you feel around Christen.

Her presence is your chlorine, giving you comfort.

The smile she shoots you gives you this flustered rush every single time.

The sound of her voice leaves you swooning, always bringing a huge smile on your face when you hear it.

No one has ever made you feel the same wave of emotions you feel whenever you swam. Not even your exes, but for some reason, Christen Press was able to equal that, if not... more.

It was at this fall season that you realized, as the leaves are falling, that you were falling as well and you want it to stop.

.

Christen on the other hand sat on the bench as her teammates warmed up. She was worried because you haven't replied to her text. Her eyes furrowed as she twiddles with the phone that she was holding.

Were you okay? Did something bad happen?

"She's just probably training or taking a nap right now. You know her schedule."

Her head snapped up at the sound of her teammate's voice. Julie sat beside her captain and rested a comforting hand on her shoulder. She looked back to the field where the rest of her teammates were warming up, nodding her head at what Julie said.

"Yeah, you're right."

Silence hung over them as they both peered at their teammates. Julie felt like Christen wanted to say more so she waited for her friend to gather her thoughts. She knew that Chris was having a hard time sorting her feelings for a certain swimmer, and she was willing to help sort it.

Everyone can see that they have strong feelings for each other, but they also know that they have to sort these feelings out for themselves.

Christen, without turning her head, then asked a question that she had been waiting to ask her newly married teammate.