Kid In Love (Becky Sauerbrunn x Reader)

I woke up with light coming out of the window. I turned around and there laid my girlfriend looking like an angel. I noticed the book on her chest and I smiled as I slowly lifted it up and made sure I put the bookmark on it before placing it on my bedside table. I laid back down beside her and I felt Becky snuggle closer to me and I fell back to sleep.

I woke up with kisses being put all over my face making me scrunch my nose up and open my eyes only to be met by a sea of blue, making me smile.

"Good morning baby."

She smiled at me before tracing my cheeks with her fingers.

"Good morning love. Now get up, we have to get ready for the live."

I let out a groan as she got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to freshen up. I laid for a few more seconds before deciding to go and follow her into the bathroom. I stood behind her and hugged her from behind, resting my chin on her shoulder, as I watched her brush her teeth in the mirror.

"I'm happy we're spending quarantine together."

She spits out the toothpaste from her mouth and rinsed her mouth with water before turning around to look at me. She gave me a smile and pecked my lips.

"I'm glad I'm back home, in your arms."

I gave her a huge smile before pulling her in for a hug. We swayed a few times before we pulled away and she walked out of the bathroom leaving me to do my business.

.

It was time to go live, for an interview with Katie Nolan. We propped the phone up on the kitchen table as we sat down, my hand was rested on the top rail of her chair as we waited for Katie to give us a thumbs up on the request.

After a few minutes of watching her ramble on, we were finally live.

"Hey, guys!"

I gave the camera a smile as we started the interview.

"How ya doing? How are you holding up?"

We looked at each other and smiled as I let my girlfriend answer the question.

"We're doing pretty good, just staying inside and making sure to keep our bodies in shape. It's pretty good to be back home with this one, so that's a good thing."

"And we were excited for this. This is the most socialization and human interaction outside of family that we have done."

The three of us chuckled.

"And it seems like you two are not fighting, or you're faking it really well?"

I looked at Becky and chuckled.

"No, no. No fighting so far. Nothing major at least. The only thing we fought about this week is about what we would have for dinner, so we ended up ordering from 2 different establishments."

Katie chuckled and nodded her head.

"So right now we are going to make you fight."

I chuckled and shook my head.

"Is this like the one you played with Sue and Pinoe?"

She chuckled and nodded.

"Yes, exactly like that."

.

We just finished playing the game and we got everything correct making both of us cheer.

"You guys are so sickeningly adorable. Y/n you have not been sleek, I see you staring at Becky once in a while with that goofy smile on your face."

I tried to hide my blushing face as Becky started poking it. I looked back at her and I unconsciously have the love-struck smile on my face.

"Yeah well... she honestly makes me feel like a kid in love."

Now it was my turn to poke her tomato cheeks as she tried to bite my finger.

"Hello? Guys? Still here."

We gave her an apologizing smile before we continued on with the interview.

.

We are in our living room right now, on Instagram live just catching up with the fans.

"Oh look, someone asked, y/n what song reminds you of Becky?"

She looked at me with a huge smile and battered her eyelashes at me making me chuckle.

"A lot of songs remind me of Becky but Kid In Love by Shawn Mendes puts the cherry on top."

The comments started coming in rapidly and so were the comment from our national team teammates.

"Ashlyn said to sing it."

I rolled my eyes as Becky gave me a cheeky smile before going and getting my guitar from the room as I sighed.

"I don't have a choice do I?"

She came back into the living room and handed me my guitar. I started checking if it was tuned and once I was satisfied I started strumming the chords and I started singing the song.

And I know that we just met
And maybe this is dumb
But it feels like there was something
From the moment that we touched
'Cause, it's alright, it's alright
I wanna make you mine

The way you're lightin' up the room
Caught the corner of my eye
We can both sneak out the back door
We don't have to say goodbye
'Cause, it's alright, it's alright
To waste time tonight

Maybe I'm just a kid in love
Oh, baby
If this is what it's like falling in love
Then I don't ever wanna grow up
Maybe I'm just a kid in love
Oh, baby
It'd be cool if it's the two of us
But I don't ever wanna grow up'

Cause I got it all
Oh
And I got it all
But I don't ever wanna grow up

Said, your place is kinda cozy
Your 'rents are out of town
Baby, there's no pressure
But if you're down, I'm down
'Cause, it's alright, it's alright
Just start tonight

If you're feeling kinda crazy
Turn down the lights
We can take our time
Do whatever you like
It's alright, it's alright
I wanna make you mine

Maybe I'm just a kid in love
Oh, baby
If this is what it's like falling in love
Then I don't ever wanna grow up
Maybe I'm just a kid in love
Oh, baby
It'd be fine if it's the two of us
But I don't ever wanna grow up'

Cause I got it all
Oh
And I got it all
And I don't ever wanna grow up'

Cause I got it all
Oh
And I got it all
But I don't ever wanna grow up

You make me feel like I got it all, yeah
And you make me feel like I'm just a kid in love
And you make me feel like I got it all
And you make me feel like I don't ever wanna grow up

Maybe we're just kids in love
Oh baby
If this is what it's like falling in love
Then we don't ever have to grow up
Maybe we're just kids in love
Oh baby
When we're alone and it's the two of us
I can't get enough

I've got it all, yeah
And I've got it, and I've got it all
And I've got it, and we've got it all
And I've got it, and I've got it all
But I don't ever wanna grow up, ooh yeah

All throughout the song, I didn't leave my eyes from her. Once the song was finished she gave me a peck on the lips before we went back to answering some fan question, with me receiving a few compliments about our relationship and my on the spot concert.

After 30 more minutes, we ended the live and crawled into bed, cuddling up into each other.