Castle On The Hill (Megan Rapinoe x Reader)

"Come on Y/n, it will be fun."

I walked through the busy streets of New York holding a cup of coffee, swerving people.as they grumpily walked towards their destination.

"Yeah well, is your sister gonna be there?"

"Yes."

"Then I won't go Rachael."

I heard my best friend groan as I quickly entered the Lincoln Canter for our dress rehearsal. I silently greeted all the other dancers that were alreadyy there, giving them a nod and a small smile. I entered my dressing room and put my drink down on the table, giving my full attention to the woman on the other side of the phone.

"But whyyyyy?"

"You know why I don't want to see the other Rapinoe."

"I don't actually mind refreshing my memory?"

"I just can't stand her okay? She gets on my nerves. Plus I don't really get the idea of reunions. You gather once every 10 to 15 years to see who has the most money and the gossip about who has the most fucked up life. I have other things I would rather do, I don't even want to see half of our batch mates."

I heard more groaning on the other side of the phone.

"Be careful Rachael, for all I know you're turning into a fucking zombie."

I took my coat off as I started tying my hair into a ponytail.

"Please come, for me?"

I groaned and I was about to answer when there was a knock on my door. One of the stage crew's head popped in when the door opened.

"Ms. Y/l/n, rehearsals are about to start, and Mr. Andrew Weber wants to see you right now."

I have him a thankful smile and a small nod. I watched as the door closed and sighed, turning my attention back to Rachel.

"Look, I will see okay? I need to go, rehearsals are starting."

"Okay, think about it yeah? Good luck babes."

I cracked my neck and taking a deep breath before going out to Andrew.s office.

"There she is, the one and only Eva Peron."

I gave him a smile and pulled him in a hug.

"Hello Andrew."

.

I inhaled the California breeze as I landed in Redding. I eventually caved in with Rachael's request and now here I am. I did miss that woman, which is why I decided to come here. Not because of the threats she sent my way of her flying to New York and dragging me out of the Lincoln Center in the middle of rehearsals and kidnapping me, very specific but she would be stupid if she thought she could get away with that. The security guards could probably hold her up with just their pinkies.

I took a cab towards my childhood house. I stared at everything that we passed by, a feeling of nostalgia hit me as I soaked everything in. I hadn't been back here for about 17 years and nothing much changed, a few new buildings here and there but aside form that, everything is still where I remember it.

I took a deep breath as I opened the door to the house no one has lived in for 10 years. I mean, my parents would come here once every 2 months to get away a little and to check on the house, but they moved to Los Angeles when I was starting off my career in Broadway so this has been empty.

I took a deep breath and smiled as I opened the front door. I looked around and noticed that once again, nothing has changed. I opened the door to where my room used to be and saw that all the posters were still up. I closed the door before going to my parent's room and that's where I decided to sleep.