Malibu Nights- Part 10 (Christen Press x Reader)

Last part of Malibu Nights, are y'all ready?

(Christen's POV)

I waited anxiously down at the lobby for Y/n to come down. I finally had the guts to officially ask Y/n to be mine again and I am so nervous. Tobin must have noticed my anxiousness so she went beside me and put her hand on my shoulder.

"You finally did it?"

I wordlessly nodded as I fidgeted with the necklace on my neck.

"Don't worry, I'm sure she'll say yes. You guys are meant to be."

I gave her a smile and sat on the couch that they have here in the lobby as some of our teammates started arriving. I just stared at the elevator waiting for her to come out.

Once the elevator door opened I saw her walk out of it alongside Sam, Rose, and Tierna, her hands in her pocket. I made eye contact with Sam and saw her smirk before nudging Y/n. Y/n and I made eye contact but she immediately went to Kelley making me slump on my seat.

I sighed sadly and kept my head down as we all got ready to walk to the restaurant just 3 blocks away.

.

The dinner was very uneventful. It was spent with Y/n on the other end of the table and I was on the other end. We didn't talk the whole night but I did notice that she would just use one hand most of the night, her right hand hiding in the pocket of her jacket making me suspicious but I was too heartbroken to say anything.

"Talk to her once we arrive at the hotel."

I nodded and we starting walking back to the hotel since we had a meeting early in the morning tomorrow.

I was just listening at the conversations around when Ash stopped in her tracks and Kelley let out a loud screech.

"Y/N WHAT THE FUCK IS ON YOUR HAND?!"

"IS THAT WHAT I FUCKING THINK IT IS?!"

My head snapped at her and saw that they were holding Y/n's hand up high and there, on her ring finger, rested the promise ring.

I looked at her shocked while Y/n just sent me a soft smile.

She looked at our teammates and just shrugged.

"What?"

They looked at me then at Y/n before they started cheering. Sonnett and Sam started pushing me towards Y/n as they chanted our ship name. Before I reached Y/n though, Kelley and Ash stood in front of me.

"Hurt her again and we will kill you."

But then Julie butt in.

"We will ALL kill you."

I nodded my head and was once again pushed towards the middle where Y/n stood there with a smirk.

"H-hey um.. so... You...?"

She chuckled and nodded. She pulled me into a tight hug and kissed my cheek.

"B-but, w-why didn't you say anything when you saw me after you got out of the elevator."

"It's payback for almost burning my hotel room down."

I rubbed the back of my head as she let out a chuckle.

"Hey... girlfriend"

.

(Third Person POV)

It was the finals. The USA vs. Canada. As the starting 11 stood there singing the national anthem, the fans at home were going crazy as the camera zoomed into Y/n as they noticed the ring that she hadn't worn for a year. A lot of theories have been going around especially after seeing the necklace that Christen wore, the silver jewelry that used to hang, and stayed inside her shirt now being proudly shown to the world.

All throughout the match, people couldn't help but notice the sudden closeness the 2 strikers showed on the field, always jumping into each other's arms after every goal and that kiss on the cheek at one point.

Once the whistle blew, the USA girls all jumped, cheered, and cried as confetti started falling on them. The majority of the girls racing towards the stands to hug and give their loved ones a kiss.

All eyes stayed on Press and Y/l/n though, as they watched the 2 forwards run to each other's arms into a tight hug.

Christen and Y/n pulled away and just stared at each other, asking each other silently with their eyes.

"JUST FUCKING KISS ALREADY!!"

They chuckled as Pinoe screamed, her still hanging on the ledge with Sue in her arms. They chuckled and finally closing the gap. Not only coming out to the world, but also to their families in the process.

.

(Y/n's POV)

"Hey, guys my name is Y/n."

"And I am Christen Press, we play for the United States Women's National Team and we are here to play the..."

"Relationship quiz."

It has been a year since the Tokyo Olympics and our relationship has been going strong.

After our Olympic victory kiss, we have been running around from one interview to another and we've been busy with the NWSL. My contract in Reign is about to expire and I am planning on going to Utah since they did put in an offer, and it would be easier to be there since Chris is playing there so that would mean that we would be playing together.

(Christen's POV)

Y/n thinks that we are going to be doing the relationship quiz but little does she know that this is the day I am going to be replacing the promise ring into an engagement ring.

"Next question, favorite coworker aside from each other?"

I asked her with a smile.

"Oh gosh, the whole team is going to be watching this. But I would have to say Kelley, but Ash and Ali are tied in second."

"Mine would have to be Pinoe."

I made eye contact with Kelley at the side of the room, where they are hidden from Y/n's view.

"Okay, last question, what is your biggest fear? I will answer for you, right? Your biggest fear is spiders."

She nodded and shuddered, making me chuckle.

"I HATE spiders with a passion." She then looked at me and smiled. "Your biggest fear would be losing me."

"That and you saying no."

She looked at me confused as I reached into my pocket and gripped on the black Tiffany box.

"Saying no to?"

I gave her a nervous smile as I knelt down and brought out the box. I opened it to reveal a gorgeous diamond ring.

"To this."

I watched as she let out a gasp and her hands flew to her mouth.

"Chris what are you doing? Oh my god, what is happening?"

"I'm finally doing my promise to you. To replace that promise ring into an engagement ring. So, what do you say? Will you make me the happiest woman alive and marry me?"

She wiped the tears running down her face as she nodded her head rapidly. I stood up and shakily placed the ring above the promise ring as she pulled me into a kiss.

We were both startled when a loud pop was heard and confetti started falling. We pulled away and saw all of our teammates enter with balloons and a cake. Y/n looked at me shocked while I just gave her a grin.

"Have they been here the whole time?"

I nodded my head and I watched as she went and hugged our teammates, me following behind her. After 20 minutes of just talking to everyone, we finally have a little break as they all went and ate cake.

Y/n sat beside me as she admired the ring.

"Where the hell did you get money to buy this? We have the same paycheck."