Ice Cream and A Great Company- Christen Press

Request: hi! can u do christen press x fem where the reader just has a bad day and christen is just there to help her girl out? thanks!! love your work :)

I let out a loud groan as I missed another shot, I felt a hand at my back and turned around to see Christen there. She gave me a kiss on the forehead as we both went to gather our things. I took my cleats off, not bothering to put shoes on, as I followed Christen to the changing room.

I kept my head down the whole time we were in there, not even bothering looking at Kelley and Emily as they tried to talk to me. I saw Christen make eye contact with both of them and shook her head as if to say not to bother me.

I gave her a grateful smile and pulled a clean shirt on over my head as we all head back to the bus.

Chris and I sat beside each other, her taking the window seat, and I leaned my head on her shoulder as I closed my eyes, trying to get rid of the headache that was slowly forming.

Today has been a crappy day. First I woke up with my whole body aching, then I slipped in the shower, went down to catering late and there was barely any food left for me, and during training, Vlatko was up my ass and I couldn't get my crosses right and couldn't score a single goal. What kind of forward would I be when I can't even score a single goal??? So everything that happened today was extremely frustrating and it was giving me a headache.

.

.

.

Once we arrived at the hotel, I waited for Chris as she went and talked with Ali and Carli, about what? I couldn't care less. Nothing I wanted to happen was happening so I just really want to go to our room, be alone and sulk.

Christen came back after about 3 minutes of talking to them. She didn't say anything but grabbed my bag for me and gave her and I's bag to Ashlyn as she turned me around and we went back out of the hotel room.

"Um... Chris, where are we going?"

"We're going to get ice cream."

I groaned and looked at her tiredly.

"But Chrissy, I just wanna go lay down and sulk."

She rolled her eyes and gave me a peck on the forehead.

"Exactly, which is why we are going out to ice cream, don't worry, I'm paying."

I rolled my eyes and just let her pull me to the ice cream parlor 5 blocks away. Just add this to the list of things I can't do right and things that aren't going my way. All I wanted was to sleep, and I can't even do that right? Pathetic.

.

.

.

Once we arrived at the Ice Cream Parlor, she sat me down on the chair and she went to the cashier to order. I put my head in between my hands as I waited for her.

I don't know how many minutes had passed when I felt something cold from in front of me, so I put my head up and saw that she ordered me the biggest cup that they had, of cookie dough with chocolate syrup and sprinkles. NOt gonna lie, seeing this in front of me makes me feel so much better.

I looked at my girlfriend and grabbed the spoon from her hand and started slowly eating the ice cream, savoring the flavor since it's not every day that I do get to eat ice cream.

I looked at her and saw her staring at me with a small smile as she ate her vanilla ice cream. I gave her a shy smile which caused her to chuckle, she grabbed a tissue paper from beside us and wiped something on the side of my mouth which caused me to wipe that part with my hand and her to chuckle.

It was silent for a few minutes before I decided to break it.

"I'm sorry for being grumpy, things haven't been going my way today and it was just very frustrating."

She looked at me and gave me a soft, understanding smile.

"We all have bad days Y/n, you don't have to apologize, which is why it is my duty as your amazing girlfriend to cheer you up and make sure you are happy all the time, as long as you're alive."

I smiled at her mischievous tone and continued eating the ice cream.

.

.

.

Once we both got back to the hotel room, I cuddled with Christen on the bed. She was leaned upon the head of the bed, her reading glasses on as she read a book while playing with my hair.

I slowly leaned up to her and she hummed in acknowledgment and glanced at me before glancing back down at the book.

"Thank you for cheering me up and making me feel better today. I needed that."

She gave me a soft smile before removing my glasses and setting both the glasses and the book on the bedside table before giving me all her attention.

"And thank you for the ice cream."

Her smile widened as she gave me a kiss.

"Anything for you, my love. And I knew ice cream was going to make you feel better. That IS the power of that frozen treat, plus I live to see the smile on the beautiful face of yours."

I snuggled into the side of her neck and inhaled her sweet smell.

"I love you."

I felt her smile as her arms tightened around me. I felt her kiss my forehead.

"I love you too, so much."

Yeah... she is the most amazing girlfriend ever, and I do not know what would have happened to me if she wasn't here with me right now.