Winning the World Cup- Christen Press

*A little disclaimer, it is not kind of based in real life, I don't know what I'm doing, I'm honestly just trying this out. And instead of the Netherlands in the finals, it's Canada cause I had to somehow bring my baby Jessie into this lmao. Enjoy.*

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there in France with you right now." I was facetiming Christen while in my hotel in France. She doesn't know I'm here right now cause I'm planning on surprising her.

"It's okay baby, I know you have other responsibilities too. Knowing that you would be watching me from there is already more than enough for me." She was starting in today's match and I couldn't be more proud of her and the fact that made it to the finals, I mean, I expected this cause they are the best of the best but, it still gives me goosebumps knowing they are one game closer to becoming the champions.

"I will be cheering for you the whole time." I gave her a huge smile in which she returned. Then we heard one of the staff call her, she answered back and looked at me with the most adorable pout ever.

"I have to go, but I don't want to because I want to keep talking to you."

I gave her a sad smile. "Go, they are waiting for you on the bus. You don't want to be late. I love you and good luck baby."

"I love you too." I blew a kiss and she pretended to catch it making me giggle and her smile to grow wider, making me swoon. She ended the video call and I got ready to leave, wearing the Christen Press jersey, that she gave me before hopping in the plane a few weeks ago, and got in a cab to go to the field.

Once I arrived at the 'Friends and Family Section' I stood there with Kelley's girlfriend, Christen's father, Cody, and her sisters, Tyler and Channing. I hugged all of them in greeting and we caught up with each other while the whole arena was blasting random pop songs.

Today was the finals, the game against Canada. If they win this, they are the world cup champions. This game is what they have been preparing so hard for.

Everybody knows me as "Y/n, Kelley's best friend" not as Christen's girlfriend because we chose to keep our relationship private. The only people that know are the girls in the National Team, the Utah girls and of course our families.

After about 30 minutes of random chatter, the players of Canada came out in a line, and next was the United States. I stood in front, smiling, as I watched my girlfriend walk out holding hands with a child wearing number 23 on both their backs and they look so adorable.

They formed a line in the middle of the field and I watched as Kelley scanned our section and widened as her eyes landed on me. She started jumping up and down and quickly made her way to Christen, shaking her shoulders before pointing at me. My eyes then met with the green warmness I feel in love with. Her eyes widened and her jaw slacked making me laugh quietly.

"May we all rise for the singing of the national anthems." I stood up and just stared at my girlfriend as I saw her cutely sneaking glances my way making me smile.

"If you stare at her any longer, she might melt." My head whipped sideways and I saw Tyler beside me with a wide smile. "You make her the happiest I had ever seen her. Please don't break her heart."

I gave her a small smile and I nod. "You know I won't. Her pain is my pain too. She returned my smile and gave me a pat on the shoulder.

Once the singing was finished, I watched as they started walking towards the side, well Kelley and Christen were basically sprinting with how fast they were heading this way. Once they were in front of us, I bent down to hold Christen's hand.

"You're here." She looked at me in disbelief making me giggle and nod. "You really think I would miss this important game? I don't think so."

Christen was then pushed aside by the one and only Kelley O'Hara. "Move I need to see my best friend." Christen glared at her while I just giggled. "Supporting your favorite player I see."