Malibu Nights- Part 8 (Christen Press x Reader)

We just landed in Tokyo and we were all super tired. Walking down to the entrance of the airport, I could barely keep my eyes open.

"You okay there?"

I looked up and saw Tobin walking beside me. I gave her a small nod and we walked together towards the van that we were gonna use. I sat at the back with Ashlyn and Pinoe while Kelley, Ali, Sonnett, Rose, and Sam piled in after us. The rest of the team distributing themselves among the other vans that were behind us. I tried to keep my eyes open and look around the surroundings but I couldn't keep my eyes open. I drifted off to sleep.

.

We gathered in the lobby and we saw some USA athletes from different sports slowly arriving but we were the first team here because our games start earlier than theirs. I felt someone lean their head on my shoulder and I saw it was Press. I pressed a kiss on the top of her head before leaning my head on hers.

We saw Vlatko and Dawn finally coming back to us with the list of room arrangements and the keys to the room. I got roomed with Sam so I slowly walked towards her and we both got the keys to the room and we were the first ones up.

.

It's our match against France and I was one of the starting 11. I'm gonna be playing up top with Christen and Pinoe and I was wearing the captain's armband because it's my 100th cap.

Everybody cheered as I entered the locker room with the armband on. I went to the middle and took a big ass bow before continuing on with my routine. Vlatko said that I would be playing for the whole 90 minutes and I am super duper excited.

We all huddled into a circle as people took pictures and videos of us.

"Okay captain, any wise words?"

Everyone's head snapped towards me waiting for me to speak.

"My first cap was a match against France and I am so glad that they are also the one we are up against for my 100th. It's kinda creepy how all that lined up really."

The girls chuckled as I continued.

"I am so thankful for all of you. You guys have been my family for almost 5 years now. You have been there with me through my ups and downs, through all the laughter and heartbreak, anxiety attacks, and mental breakdowns. All of you believed and are continuing in believing in me. I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do without you guys, I couldn't imagine life and I refuse to imagine life without you wonderful girls. You all are my 22 best friends and I love you all with all my heart. Ugh, this is making me emotional."

I heard some sniffs here and there and a bunch of people rubbing their hands on my back in comfort.

"Enough of this sappy shit LET'S GO OUT THERE AND WIN THIS THING!! USA ON 3″

"USA! USA! USA! USA!"

We broke off the circle and went fell in line in the tunnel. Ash, Ali, and Kelley all gave me hugs. I was about to go to the front of the line when I was stopped by someone grabbing my hand. I turned around and saw that it was Christen.

"I'm so proud of you. And I promised you that I would be playing with you for your 100th cap, here I am."

I gave her a huge smile and a hug.

"I don't know how you bribed Vlatko to do this, but thank you."

"I have my ways." She gave me a smirk before kissing my forehead. "Be safe, and kill it out there."

"I will."

I gave her one last smile before going to my spot in the line.

.

It's already the second half of the match and so far I have gotten 3 goals in, 2 of which was assisted by Christen and so far the score has been 4-1, the other goal was made by Press herself.

It's already the 61st minute when something bad happened. I saw one of the french players push Christen her foot landed a weird way. I immediately went beside her as she laid on the grass while holding her ankle. I moved some of her loose hair behind her ear and put my hand on her cheek as I wiped a tear away.

"On a scale of 1-10, how bad is the pain?"

"An 8."

I sighed and looked around and noticed that the medic was still preparing to go out into the field making me sigh.

"Hold onto my neck, I'm carrying you to the bench."

"Y/n you don't hav-"

"Just do it, Chris."

She did as she was told and I lifted her up bridal style.

"Take me down the aisle first will you?"

I chuckled and sped walked to the bench while shaking my head.

"Shut up Press."

She chuckled and rested her head on my shoulder. Once we arrived at the bench, I slowly put her down and kissed her forehead.

"I'm gonna try to get another goal in for you."

"Kill it out there captain."

I gave her a wink before going back into the field with Alex since she was subbed in after Chris got subbed out.

.

I was able to put one more goal in, in which I pointed to Chris as a celebration, and I was able to assist Alex's goal. We are in the locker room now dancing around and singing along to whatever Pinoe was playing on the speaker.

I noticed Chris enter the changing room with a smile. I noticed that she wasn't putting on much weight on her left foot. I made my way towards her with a concerned smile.

"You okay Chris?"

"Yeah, just a light sprain. I would be back to normal in about 3 days."

I nodded and helped her sit on the bench.

"I'm proud of you, a haul on your 100th cap? Not to mention that was a perfect hat trick."

"If it wasn't for you helping me with two of my goals actually. Y'all just kept feeding me the ball."

She gave me a smile as we stared at each other for a while before I decided to break it.

"Who's your roommate?"

"Um... Ashlyn why?"

"I'm gonna be taking care of you tonight."

"You don't have to."

"But I want to. Plus I'm pretty sure that Ash will spend most of her time with Ali and you would be alone in your hotel room and I can't have that."

She gave me a nod and we just waited for the rest of the girls to finish changing so we could all go on the bus and go back to the hotel.