Like To Be You (Lindsey Horan x Reader)

I am sitting on the couch in the apartment that my girlfriend, Lindsey and I are sharing. I'm a senior at the University of Portland and Lindsey plays as a professional soccer player at Portland thorns.

We have been fighting a lot recently. I'm not really big on soccer or sports in general and somehow she keeps using it as an excuse during our arguments. She's always saying the "You won't understand" or "You won't relate" card whenever I ask her what her problem is and she never tells me what was wrong and it was frustrating.

I heard key jiggle and the door opened. I looked up from reading my notes and saw that Lindsey was back from training and she didn't look like she was in a good mood.

I put my things on the table and faced her, as she sat down on the couch, looking exhausted.

"Hey love, you okay? What happened?"

"It's nothing, you won't understand."

I rolled my eyes when I heard that she used that excuse on me once again. I stood up and got all my things.

"How the hell am I going to understand when you won't even talk to me about it? I want to understand you, Lindsey, I really do, but how could I if you just keep pushing me away?"

I stormed into our bedroom and put my earphones on as laid on the bed and just closed my eyes. The feeling of stress slowly slipping away.

I heard the door open and I felt my girlfriend cuddle into me. I took off my earphones and looked at her. She faced me and that's when I saw tears start to build up in her eyes.

"Tell me what's inside of your head baby. You know that no matter what you say I won't love you less."

"I'm sorry. I just thought that because you aren't really interested in sports and all that you won't be able to relate to anything I'm going through."

I stroked her hair and faced her properly.

"I'm not gonna lie and pretend that I know what you are going through and what you are feeling, but I can try to. I'm just worried that I might lose you a little every time we have an argument and it's super frustrating that you don't even try to tell me what you are going through. I want to be able to help."

She pecked my lips and snuggled closer to me.

"I'm sorry. I promise from now on, I will try to help you understand."

She held her pinky out and I connected mine with hers. We both kissed it and I heard her let out a content sigh. I gave her a smile and pulled her closer into me.

"Now will you tell me why you were a grumpy pants earlier?"

She then proceeded to tell me about her day and explained to me parts that I didn't understand.