Drunk (Danielle van de Donk x Reader)

I woke up with a massive headache. I looked around the room and saw that I was in my room and it was a mess. I looked at my bedside table and felt my eyes start to water once I saw the picture placed on there.

It was a picture of my fiance- well now ex-fiancee- and I during our 1st anniversary. I got the picture frame and chucked it to the wall.

I guess they heard the commotion from the living room because Daan came running in with a concerned look on her face.

"What happened? Are you alright?"

She followed my line of sight and saw that I was looking at the broken picture frame then she instantly knew what happened.

"Oh, babes."

She went to my side and pulled me in a hug while I started sobbing into her shirt.

Daan and I have been friends since we were 9. We met during primary school when someone was bullying me cause I was this super skinny and wimpy girl that wore glasses and everyone thought that it would be a fun idea to make fun of me because of it. Dan-Dan came into the rescue and pulled the hair of the head bitch of the bitches and we have been inseparable since then. She's my partner in crime and I don't know what I will do without her.

"I'm just going to clean the glass up, okay? I will be right back."

I nodded my head and I stared at the wall in front of me.

I felt numb... and I need a drink.

.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay here alone?"

I nodded my head and gave her a small reassuring smile.

"I'm just going to train then we will talk about all of these pent up emotions you are feeling."

I groaned and shoved my head on the pillow.

"But why do I have to talk about my feelings? Why can't I just drink it off or some shit like that? That sounds more fun."

My best friend gave me a stern look and shook her head.

"I let the last 2 months pass because I know the wound was still fresh, but this has got to stop Y/n."

I looked back at her and glared.

"I mean it Y/l/n. No more drinking. I feel like you already consumed all the beer in Europe."

I sighed and sat back down, paying my attention to the telly in front of me. I heard her sigh and start walking out the door. Once I made sure she was out I quickly changed into my going out clothes, grabbed my phone, wallet, and car keys before peeking out into the hallway.

I made sure the coast was clear at the parking lot, entered my car, and went to the nearest pub.

.

My phone has been ringing for the past hour but I ignored it as I took another shot of vodka. I had been here for 3 hours. So far I had already drunk 8 shots of vodka and 4 cans of beer and I am seeing stars.

I rested my head on the counter and played with the shot glass on my hand.

"Had a tough day?"

I looked up and smiled slightly at the bartender, Callum. He had been working here for the last 10 years and him kind of knows Daan and I since we come here often, but we don't really talk to each other much. But I like him cause he doesn't stop me from drinking as much as I want. After all, he knows I won't make a scene. It's like he and I are a little secret.

"Tough 2 months yeah."

"Want to talk about it?"

My hand indistinctly went the ring that was hanging on my neck.

"My fiancee broke our engagement off 2 months ago. Apparently, I wasn't enough for her, and I didn't give her the attention she wants so she started an affair with Robert, her fucking co-worker. Didn't she maybe think that the reason why I was always working is so that I could give her the fairy tale wedding she demands? So much for happily ever after huh?"

I scoffed and glared at the counter. I felt his hand rest on my shoulder making me look up at him.

"Maybe she wasn't the right woman for you. Maybe the right woman for you has been there for you but you just didn't notice her."

I looked at him confused.

"Who?"

I noticed him glancing at the door and there stood a fuming Danielle.

She was wearing an oversized Arsenal sweater with her matching Arsenal shorts.

For some reason, seeing her just made me feel different. I don't know if these feelings were here even before and I was just too caught up with my ex to actually notice my best friend but seeing her standing there right now just sparked something in me for some reason.

I watched as the dutch midfielder march her way towards me, and she was fuming, nonetheless, she looked adorable.

"Y/n Y/l/n you are coming with me right now, what did I tell you about drinking?
Je bent volkomen ongelooflijk. Ik zweer dat ik je geen minuut alleen kan laten zonder dat je wegloopt om meer alcohol in je systeem te krijgen." (You are completely unbelievable. I swear I can't leave you alone for even a minute without you walking off to get more alcohol in your system.)

She gave the bartender a thankful smile before dragging me outside the pub into her car.

"What about my car?"

She glared at me, making me shut up and watched as she buckled me up.

"We'll get it in the morning,"

She went to the driver's seat and started driving to my apartment.

"Do you know how fucking worried I was when I opened your apartment and you were not there? And to top that list, you were not answering your phone. I never thought you would do something as irresponsible as this. Something bad would have happened to you and I wouldn't have known where you were. Be thankful Callum knows my number and he texted me that you were there."

I looked down, feeling ashamed by my actions. Her lecturing me sobered me up a little.

"Het spijt me, ik wilde je niet ongerust maken." (I'm sorry, I did not mean to worry you.)

I heard my best friend sigh and we continued the drive in silence. Once we arrived, she helped me into my apartment since I couldn't walk properly and she plopped me down on the couch but I pulled her with me making her land on top of me.

I grinned at her and wiggled my eyebrows.

"Come here often?"

Daan chuckled and slapped my shoulder lightly. I smiled at her and stared at her lips as she smiled.

"Stop it."

I looked back at her eyes and gave her a questioning look.

"Stop what?"

"Stop making me want to kiss you."

I raised my eyebrows at that and smirked.

"Who exactly is stopping you?"

She finally gave in and smashed our lips together. Once we pulled away, she gave me the biggest smile I had seen on her face.

"I had been wanting to do that for 10 years. You better fucking remember this in the morning or so help me god."

I chuckled and pulled her closer as she snuggled closer to me, kissing her forehead.

"Don't worry, I will."