43

HTX

HTX.

AYSJA.

"damn girl, i mean as long as you safe forreal. that shit crazy." amani says, drinking her ginger-ale.

"yea for sure, but like, what if i came home alone that night, you feel me?" i say , searching through the racks of clothes.

we were currently at the galleria mall, amani invited me with her to get my mind off the bullshit that happened last night.

"mhm, cause at the end of the day, you live by yaself pooh, xavier coulda chose to go straight home after that carnival for real." she says shaking her head.

"yeah." i say , agreeing to her.

"so what you think you finna' do bout it? you really need those locks changed now, and activate that security system. the apartment dont got it for no reason." she says, raising her eyebrows at me.

"psht," i say raising my hand up, "girl i know, i just been too lazy to do all that clicking and clacking. but im finna stay by xaviers crib for a bit, he don't want me 500 feet of my apartment." i continue, rolling my eyes.

"tuh girl i agree wit' em. how the fuck people bein' sneaky inna whole new state? you just don't get a break." she says, i sigh before she puts her hand on my hand, "girl lets go eat sum, it's gon' be straight." she holds my hand, directing me over to the food court.

we sit with our cc's cajun food, and continue to talk.

"girl.." amani says eyeing me.

i take a bite out of my food, before looking up to her, signalling her to continue.

"you think it might have sum to do with ashanti?" she says lowly.

the thought runs through my mind before i quickly shut it down.

" nahhhhhhh, shorty been all talk. she wouldn't get somebody all in the way in houston to terrorize my ass. " i say shaking my head before taking a bite.

"tuh, if maybe, if it is sum' to do with her, i got a cousin in dallas that'll dog walk ha' ass." amani says kissing her teeth, causing both of us to go out in laughter.

...

"damn girl, hurry yo lil ass up. it ain't nun to pack a lil bag." xavier says walking into my room whining.

"dont rush me, it'll get real ugly." i snap my neck to him.

" it'll get real ugly pooh " he whispers in a feminine voice mumbling while walking out the door.