69

houston, tx

houston, tx.

▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦

𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄

𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧 3.

▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦▦

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐎𝐊𝐀𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘?"... xavier spat out small compassionate comments as the couple walked into the hospital room with nurses following.

aysja groaned a bit more, her contractions getting stronger by the minute. she nodded, scrunching her face up. "yea im good." she whispered out, holding onto his side as they continued to walk.

they turned into the hospital room, and aysja wasted no time stripping down and getting into her hospital gown. 

the nurse and mid-wife quickly hooked her up, making sure to check her vitals. 

"no" aysja whispered under her breath as she layed on the hospital bed. the nurses and xavier stopped in their tracks to look at her.

"you good bae?" xavier said, resting his hand on her thigh.

aysja looked up at the nurse that was connecting her up to the monitor. "im sorry, if you can, can you get a black nurse in here?" aysja said, holding her stomach.

the nurse looked at her for a second before nodding and walking out to bring a black nurse back with her.

the mid-wife and xavier looked at aysja in confusion, "what u did that for?" zay said, scrunching his eyebrows up.

"i seen too much babies getting taken and too much black women dying to malpractice with white folks when giving birth, i want a black nurse with her." aysja said, shaking her head.

xavier nd the midwife, Mrs.Tasha looked at eachother before nodding and comforting aysja.

the nurse then  walked back in with a nurse on her side, the petite nurse walked up to the small group. 

"Hello, Im Mrs. Tailor" the small nurse said smiling, shaking aysja and xaviers' hand.

they returned their warm hello's back to her.

"Your mother is in the waiting room along with Mr. White's aunt. Is it okay to bring them in here?" she asked. 

xavier waited for aysjas approval, in return getting a nod from her. the other nurse proceeded to walk out, and return with the two women.