Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Liam POV

We arrived at the pack border at five after twelve. Apparently I was wrong to trust Ethan to get us there at a reasonable speed. He was too preoccupied with his new mate in the backseat to focus on what he was doing. He nearly took two wrong turns and almost hit a poor rabbit on the side of the road. Maybe I didn't want a mate. They seem to make you stupid.

My wolf growled in my head. 'Kidding,' I replied. That seemed to calm him some. I wouldn't be making this much effort just to see her again if I didn't want her.

Because Suze was with us, the guards at the border let us through easily. She must be a rather high ranking shewolf in the pack the way they addressed her. I'd never been to Diamond Crescent before. I know my father has been here on business but this was never a place I needed to join him. We are very good allies with Diamond Crescent and I usually only accompany him on the more unsavory business trips.

Quinn and Suze's pack is well known for being a strong and well trained pack. Their size may not be their biggest asset but if you want an ally who could take down three times as many wolves as a pack twice their size, Diamond Crescent is where you want to look.

We pulled up to the pack house at ten after twelve. It was a good sized building, probably four or five stories tall, that probably housed about a third of the population of the pack. I was impressed with the structure. It looked strong reflecting the nature of the pack itself. I appreciated the architecture. Ethan turned off the engine as soon as the car stopped and jumped out to get the door for Suze. I quickly exited as well knowing my mate had to be close.

I thought back to the conversations Suze and I had on the way here. Aside from the fact that I now know Quinn's favorite color: blue, food: pasta, ice cream flavor: cookie dough, and almost every story from their childhood together, I also know that Quinn apparently doesn't want to meet her mate. That's what I read into the explanation at least.

Suze assured me Quinn would change her mind when we met, but I wasn't so sure. Why didn't she want me? Was she going to reject me? Should I just reject her first to avoid the heartbreak? Again my wolf growled in my head letting me know he wouldn't let that happen. I knew I couldn't go through with it as well. We were destined to be together and I truly believe that.

Even if she doesn't want me now, that doesn't mean I can't work hard to change her mind. Maybe Suze is wrong too. Maybe Quinn is just nervous about meeting me. Finding a mate is a big deal and it can be an daunting thing to do. I know I was nervous at my first ball. That quickly changed to disappointment though which became more and more depressing as the years went on.

I had to make her fall for me. I won't take no for an answer. I will do everything in my power to make sure Quinn trusts me to be the best mate possible for her and her alone.

Ethan pulled me out of my thoughts, "Hey...Liam? You done making that scary face? Suze thinks she knows where your girl might be and she can take us there."

"Huh?" Was I making a face, I thought. "Yeah," I continued, distracted. "Lead the way."

I had a new resolve to meet this girl. It's not that I'm the prince that gives me my confidence. That doesn't mean anything when it comes to your mate. It's that I know I will do everything in my power to make her the happiest shewolf in the world. If she trusts me with her happiness, then I will call that a success.

Suze started walking towards the forest at the far end of the clearing.

"Are we going in human or wolf form?" I asked.