Chapter 92

Chapter 92

Liam POV

I hadn't been completely honest with Quinn this morning. Although I did have a meeting with my father and Seth, it was not that meeting that ran late.

After Seth had spent the first twenty minutes of our meeting listing almost every member of our staff as possible defectors, as well as Quinn's parents, Suze, and Ethan, but providing almost no proof, I started to become a bit suspicious of his intentions.

Why would Seth, a highly capable and intelligent member of our staff, provide such a long list of names but have almost no evidence to back those names up? It seemed incredibly suspicious. That and him being the one to think of the idea for Quinn to be moved away from me, conveniently choosing a location that only a few people know the location of, him being one of those people.

In the meeting, I started to have my doubts, but later on, once Quinn told me about her interaction with Seth the other day in my private gym, my mind was made up. I didn't want to tip anyone off though.

After Seth had left the meeting with my father, we stayed behind to put a tentative plan into place. It didn't take much to convince my father that Seth was a possible suspect, and honestly our best one at that. I brought Suze, Ethan, and Quinn's parents into the meeting as well. At this point they were the only ones I knew I could fully trust. Who knew how far-reaching Seth's power was inside the castle walls.

I knew for a fact that Seth handpicked the guards to help escort my mate to the summer house. He insisted on doing so "as head warrior and trainer". He said he knew our strongest and most capable warriors better than anyone. Although this may be true, he also knew which ones were loyal to the crown and which were loyal to him.

How is it possible something like this has been going on under our noses this whole time? I cannot deny that Seth does have a lot of power though. He's able to send guards, trackers, and warriors out on assignment. He trains everyone and then handpicks the trainers that work under him. Since his family has been with us for so long, we rarely doubt his actions. We trust his judgment immensely. Obviously this has been a gross oversight on our part. His head has gotten a bit too big, I fear, and he's made a huge mistake. It isn't one he's going to get away with any longer though.

Once our small group had laid out all the details, I decided to head back to my girl. I could feel her getting impatient and I knew it was our fresh mate bond telling her she needed to be near me. I was happy to know that I wouldn't have to be away from her for long but I had to put up an act to ensure everything went according to plan.

After Quinn's and my chat about her reservations in regards to Seth, my mind was completely made up. This is our guy.

Despite the fact that I trusted the majority of my staff with my life, I couldn't be too sure who I shared our plan with. I asked a group of my most trusted warriors to accompany Quinn on her travels, convincing them it was because I was worried of an ambush or something unexpected happening on the journey. This would put Seth on his toes more and also I could see how he reacted to the news.

To say that Seth was upset when I informed him of his extra warriors was an understatement. He played it off as an insult to his abilities, but I could tell his brain was working through a plan to get rid of them. When I didn't budge on my decision, he gave me a patronizing smile and told me he would of course do whatever the crown asked of him. What a lying sack of shit.

As soon as Quinn was out of sight, we were on the move. My father stayed back to cover things from the castle. With Seth gone, we never know if he has men set to attack the castle while everyone is distracted searching for the defector.