Chapter 99

Chapter 99

Liam POV

It had been more than twenty-four hours since I'd last seen my mate and I was turning into an unruly beast. The only person brave enough to be by my side was Ethan and I honestly think he'd rather be anywhere else at this point as well.

The coronation was set to start any minute and it was time to head downstairs. I straightened my cufflinks that I had made special for today. They were monogrammed with a Q for my darling Quinn so I could keep her close to me always.

I can't believe how lucky I am to have such a wonderful mate. Although we started off a bit rocky, it's what we've been through that makes our bond so special and strong. I can't imagine anyone else ruling beside me as queen.

Ethan and I arrived at the entrance to the ballroom first and I peeked out the curtain to see that the room was packed. My father and mother were sat upon their thrones one last time as king and queen.

At that moment, the trumpets sounded and it was nearly time for me to descend the stairs to my destiny.

First Suze and Ethan walked down the stairs as the newly appointed royal beta couple. And now it was my turn. I turned around trying to see if I could catch a glimpse of my love before making my entrance, but she was well hidden wherever she was.

I took a deep breath, drew my shoulders back as I was taught by my father, and entered the room. As I walked down the curving staircase, I kept my head high and emitted my alpha aura for all to feel. Each row of wolves bowed before me as I made my way to the platform where my mother and father now stood.

"Rise," I called out to my people. "We now welcome your future queen, my mate, Quinn Larson of Diamond Crescent."

Every bit of oxygen left my body as she stepped through the curtain at the top of the stairs. She was a vision. I'd never seen anyone so beautiful in my entire life.

I know I was supposed to remain stoic and strong but my resolve faltered momentarily as I felt a tear drop from my eye.

As she slowly made her way down the stairs, I could feel the power radiating from her. This was not just the power from being mated to me, but a power that Quinn possessed all along. She was born to rule by my side and I was so proud to have her as my mate.

She took the final step down the stairs and her eyes met mine. I gave her a soft smile, which she returned.

She joined me upon the platform with Suze, Ethan, and my parents. First Suze and Ethan were sworn in as the beta couple. They promised to rule beside us and to put the kingdom before anything else. I was proud to have them by our side.

Now it was our turn. I felt Quinn's hand tremble slightly beside me so I lightly brushed my hand against hers to help calm her. She gave me another soft smile and I knew it had helped.

We were then brought forward in front of my parents. "Liam and Quinn, do you promise to put the kingdom above all else and to rule with respect and fairness for all?" my father's voice boomed throughout the room.

"We do," Quinn and I replied simultaneously.

"Please join your hands," my father continued.

I stared directly into my love's eyes as I held her hand in mine.

"As you share your blood with the blood of the current king and queen, you will officially become the rulers of the werewolf kingdom. Do you accept this role willingly?"

"We do," we replied again.

My father took out the knife that has been used for every coronation in this kingdom and swiftly slit both his and my mother's hands. They joined their hands together and dripped a few drops into the bowl beneath our hands.

Next he took the knife and sliced our hands. We joined them together and I could feel the effect of our blood mixing. I felt even more connected to Quinn as our power grew as king and queen.

A few drops of blood dripped into the bowl beneath us and our blood mixed with my parents'. As it mixed, it slowly turned to smoke and we watched as it wafted up into the air.

Suze came up behind Quinn to place a crown on her head while Ethan did the same for me.

"I now present to you the reigning king and queen of the werewolf kingdom, King Liam and Queen Quinn. May their reign be long and enduring. Long live King Liam and Queen Quinn."

Everyone in the room bowed as they replied after my father, "Long live King Liam and Queen Quinn."

This was it. We're officially king and queen. We'd been through so much together and we have so much life in front of us. I'm so glad we not only found each other but truly found ourselves in the process. Quinn has taught me to be patient and unwavering in my morals. And I hope I've taught her to be loving and open to new experiences in life.

What I do know is that I love Quinn with all my heart and I'm so glad she had the strength to see through all the pain and hardship in her life so we could be where we are today. I am better for having met my darling Quinn.