Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Quinn's POV

Most of the warriors were leaving the training grounds and it was only Liam, my father, and I left. Liam looked a bit apprehensive as he made his way towards us. Wasn't he supposed to be a prince? He's surely faced more terrifying situations than meeting my father.

I took a look to my right and I saw what had instilled a bit of fear in him however. My dad looked incredibly intimidating right now. You could see that he wasn't going to go easy on Liam. Poor guy.

"Hello sir," Liam said while holding out his hand for my father to shake. "Prince Liam," my dad grumbled ignoring his hand.

"Please, just Liam," he responded, dropping his outstretched hand to his side. "I don't want to be thought of as a prince to you. I'm hoping we will be family soon and I want you to treat me how you would any other wolf who is your daughter's mate."

My dad grinned at that. Not a happy grin though. It looked a little more mischievous than that. "Well then son, care to join me for a little walk? We have a lot of chatting to do I think."

Liam visibly gulped. I was trying my hardest not to fall on the ground laughing at this point. Hopefully Liam can handle my dad or I might not have to make my choice after all.

My wolf whimpered at that thought but I shushed her. 'You know we need a strong mate,' I reminded her. 'If he can't handle dad, he can't handle me.' She cut off the link, shutting me out but I knew she agreed.

Liam gave me one last glance before he and dad walked off into the forest. I smirked at him before turning around and heading back towards the pack house.

I'd slept through lunch so I'm desperately in need of something to eat. Entering the pack house, I saw most of the pack warriors in the kitchen with the same idea I had. I slid onto a stool at the kitchen island and perused the snack items that were already laid out.

As I was reaching for some chips, I heard a shewolf gossiping with her friend, "Oh my goddess. Did you see the muscles on that prince??"

I stealthily looked up upon hearing this. My wolf growled lowly in my head hearing other shewolves ogling her mate.

"Yes! I can't believe he isn't marked and mated yet. I didn't smell another shewolf on him," her friend agreed.

This made my wolf growl louder. It was almost impossible to hear their conversation over my wolf throwing a hissy fit in my head. 'Shut up!' I scolded her.

"I know right?" the shewolf added. "I'm going to talk to him later. I hear he's staying for a bit. Alpha Tobias even gave up his office so he could get work done while he's here. No one knows why he's here though. Maybe he's looking for his mate. He obviously didn't find her at the mating ball. No shewolf would be dumb enough not to be all over that slice of heaven once they'd laid eyes on him."

I scoffed at that comment and she looked my way. "Eavesdropping much, freak?" she shot in my direction.

I raised my eyebrow looking at her. "I didn't see you try to challenge me earlier but I'm more than willing to oblige now," I replied while giving her a view of my elongated canines.

Her friend shivered behind her. "Leave her alone, Allie. That girl has some serious issues and you don't want to get involved with her."

"In a sec, Chloe," the other one added. She stepped closer to me and leaned over to whisper in my ear. "I'd watch yourself, princess. If I have my way, Prince Liam will be marking me tonight and as big and strong as you are now, you won't have a chance when I tell him you offended me. I'd watch your back." With that, she flipped her hair in my direction and headed off to goddess knows where.