Chapter 51

Chapter 51

Quinn POV

I was staring at myself in the mirror. I hadn't left the dressing room yet. The dress Suze had picked out would definitely turn heads. I'm not sure how it would go over with Liam though. I didn't want him to try to stop me from going to the party.

"I'm not so sure about this, Suze," I called to her.

"Come on, Quinny," she replied. "You said you wanted to look hot. That dress is smoking!"

"It's surely something," I replied warily.

I decided I could at least show it to Suze. I hesitantly opened the door of the dressing room and stepped out. Suze was in a bright red dress that was incredibly short. I noticed that it exactly matched my dress except mine was black.

"Whadda ya think?" Suze asked while twirling slowly.

The dress was only an inch or two below the bottom of her butt and it was skin tight. There was a large cut out in the back and only thin straps holding the dress up. The neckline plunged well into her cleavage. This dress was definitely sexy.

"You look amazing," I admitted.

She really did. The dress looked like it was made for her. It obviously left nothing to the imagination but I'm sure that's exactly what she was going for. If she looked that good in the dress, there was no way this dress looked good on me. Suze was so much prettier than I am.

I slowly made my way towards her where there was a 360 mirror. Catching sight of myself again, I started to freak out.

"Quinn, you look so good!" Suze cried. "I wish I looked as good in this dress as you do. Maybe I should start working out with you more often."

I didn't believe what Suze was saying. There's no way this dress looked better on me than it did on her. I'm just average. There's not much special about me when it comes to looks. Suze was gorgeous.

"I don't know, Suze," I admitted. "I think it looks better on you. You wouldn't want me ruining the dress by anyone seeing me in the same thing as you."

"Oh my goddess, Quinny," Suze said. "Look at yourself. Do you not see how beautiful you are?"

I didn't honestly. All I could see were my flaws. My boobs were too small, my body was boxy from the muscles. I was tall and gawky whereas Suze had all these great curves. I still looked like an awkward eighteen-year-old and Suze looked like she was much older than me.

"I know something that will help you feel sexier!" Suze said all of the sudden. "You're getting the dress by the way. I want to match my sexy best friend tonight and have all eyes on us. Go get changed and we'll head out."

I did as she asked even though I had no idea what she had planned for me. Once we'd checked out, Suze dragged me to the other end of the mall. She stopped in front of a store I'd never noticed before. Before I had a chance to react, Suze dragged me inside.

A woman approached us and asked how she could help.

"We need to hook my friend up," Suze replied. "She just got her first boyfriend and she's a bit shy. I want to help her feel sexy."

The sales associate smiled in my direction, "I can certainly help with that." A second later she was gone, perusing the tables and racks to find something that suited my needs.

"Suze," I scolded. "Why did you take me to a lingerie store??"

"You need to see how sexy you are, Quinn. What better way than to put you in some sexy lingerie?" she replied matter of factly.

I was intensely uncomfortable in this store. I never wore anything remotely like what they sold here. Yes, I have a few thongs and matching bra and underwear sets but nothing like this. My thongs were to avoid panty lines, not to seduce anyone.

The woman returned with her arms full of lace. "Follow me please," she called over her shoulder as she approached the changing rooms.

"I'll be right here," Suze called from one of the stools nearby.

Ugh, what did I get myself into skipping school like this? I should have just gone to school and I would never be here about to try on all these bras and underwear. The woman set up the room for me and told me to let her know if I needed anything in a different size. I nodded warily before entering the room.

Some of the items looked relatively tame but others I wasn't even sure how to put on. I decided to start with the more familiar pieces and then move onto the rest. I know Suze won't let me leave here until I've tried on everything. Maybe Suze is right, this could be good for my confidence. There's only one way to find out.

________________________________________________________________________________

I apologize for being away for so long.  My wedding was in July and things have been a little crazy.  I have so many chapters written already but just didn't take the time to sit down and post.  Sorry it's taken me so long to get back but I should be able to post more regularly now!