Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Liam POV

I woke up alone in bed and panicked. Quinn left me. I overstepped my boundaries and now she's gone. I knew I should have given her space but hearing her sobbing killed me inside. The mate pull was too strong and I couldn't leave her to suffer in pain when I knew I could do something to soothe her.

I was laying there cursing myself for being so impulsive when I heard my favorite sound faintly outside the room. Quinn was laughing. She's still here.

I jumped out of bed and ran towards the door. Out on the landing I tiptoed to the stairs to hear what had put her in such a good mood. As I crept around the banister, I saw her sitting on the couch with two guys. She was leaning on one and had her legs across the lap of the other. My wolf saw red in that moment. Why were other men touching my mate?

I bolted down the stairs and let out a ferocious growl. The two men jumped up and gave me a deep bow. Quinn just looked at me curiously. "What's going on, Liam? Did something happen?"

I was panting at this point thinking about killing both men for touching my mate. "Why are you letting these men touch you?" I seethed.

Quinn looked towards each of the men, bewildered. They were still looking at the ground. As they should, I thought. It's not often I am grateful for my title but this moment is one time it comes in handy.

"What are you talking about, Liam? These are my brothers, Charlie and Oliver," Quinn stated matter of factly. "I woke up from my nap feeling refreshed and you looked so peaceful, I didn't want to wake you. I came down here to grab a snack and I ran into Charlie. He called Oliver over to spend some time with us and we were just hanging out. What did you think was going on?"

I felt slightly ashamed in that moment. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions so quickly. I needed to make things right again. I don't want Quinn to think I'm so possessive she can't spend time with her own siblings. "I had no idea," I said. "I'd only seen your brothers from far away the other night and I didn't recognize them. I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions. My wolf is quite possessive though and seeing you with other men set us off. I apologize for overreacting." I bowed my head to Quinn showing her I meant every word I said.

By now Charlie and Oliver were looking between Quinn and myself, dumbstruck. "Er, Quinny," Charlie started. "Did you forget to mention something?"

"Yeah," Oliver added. "I'm kind of wondering the same thing myself."

Quinn laughed. "Oh right!" She got off the couch and walked my direction. It took everything in me not to pull her close and breathe in her scent to calm myself. "Liam, these are my brothers Charlie and Oliver. Charlie, Oliver, this is Liam, my mate. I also have another brother, Theo but he's out right now with dad. He doesn't live here anymore but he's visiting this week to see me off to the mating ball and my graduation."

"Quinn, you do know your mate is the crown prince, right? I just want to point that out seeing as it seems to be a detail you left off in your introductions," Charlie stated.

"Well after you two jumped five feet in the air when he barged into the room and bowed until your noses practically hit the floor, I guessed you'd figured that out for yourselves," Quinn joked.

Charlie and Oliver did not laugh though. I could see them sizing me up. I'd never felt this way before. Everyone always looks at me as the prince. It appeared Charlie and Oliver had broken into older brother mode and were making sure I had Quinn's best interest in mind. How did I end up with a mate who has three older and apparently overprotective brothers? Don't they know Quinn can handle herself just fine? She proved that to me this morning during our sparring match.