Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Quinn POV

"Really? This was your idea," I asked Liam who was standing in the doorway to his room.

"What? I thought it could be fun," he replied, a devilish smirk on his face. "So, are you joining me?"

I thought for a moment before nodding, "Yes, I'm in."

Liam gave me a giant smile and grabbed my hand, pulling me quickly into the room, and closing the door behind us. I suddenly felt a bit uncomfortable being in his room alone, just the two of us. Liam must have sensed my discomfort and pulled my hand to his face, briefly brushing his lips across the back of my hand. This momentarily distracted me, just as I'm sure he had planned.

"Here, take a seat and I'll get everything set up," he gestured towards the bed.

I cautiously made my way over and settled against the plush headboard. I took a deep breath and realized the bed smelled like him already. He'd only been here a day but his scent was enveloping me, bringing me comfort with each breath I took. Liam fiddled around with whatever he was doing across the room from me and I watched his actions. Even with his slight movements, I could see the muscles rippling across his back. He really was in good shape.

I hadn't spent much time admiring the man who is my mate before tonight. I'd been so set on avoiding any feeling towards him, that I hadn't given much thought to his physical beauty. This man was gorgeous. His dark brown hair wasn't too short or too long. Normally it was tame and perfect but right now it was a bit mussed. I liked his hair like this.

He was so tall too. He must be about 6'5" or 6'6". I'd never met a werewolf as tall as he is before. His broad shoulders stretched the black tshirt he was wearing and his biceps burst from the edges of the sleeves. I was practically drooling over him.

Suddenly Liam turned around and I couldn't take my eyes away quickly enough. He gave me a lopsided grin and started to approach the bed, "No need to be embarrassed sweetheart. I could feel your stare the whole time. I'm yours to look at and yours alone."

My face heated at his words. "I wasn't staring," I lied awkwardly, knowing he could easily see through it.

Liam only chuckled and shook his head, "Whatever you say, sweetheart."

He neared the bed and I realized despite the size of the bed, he would undoubtedly be sitting right next to me. This was different from earlier when he was comforting me in my room. This felt more intimate. That was a means to an end but this, I was choosing this proximity to him.

Liam climbed onto the bed, resting his head back against the headboard. I kept my head looking forward, not allowing myself to be tempted by his closeness.

"So," I started. "What do you have planned for us?"

I felt his gaze fall upon me and I started to blush. "Oh, you'll love it," he chuckled.

From the corner of my eye I saw him reach to the nightstand and grab a small black item. He pointed it towards the other end of the room and the TV lit up. I saw the opening scene and couldn't help but giggle.

"Beauty and the Beast, really? You didn't strike me as a Disney fan."

"I figured it suited us," he smirked.

"What? You're the beauty and I'm the beast?" I joked.

"Obviously," he laughed. "Have you seen this body? I'm surely not a beast."