Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Liam POV

Quinn was really keeping me on my toes. It's so hard to read her. I know I'm trying my best to give her the space she is asking for but it's killing me and my wolf. She's our mate. I want to be with her every second. I want to comfort her. Pleasure her. We were made for each other. I understand she's not sold on the idea of mates just yet but can't she feel the bond between us? Am I having no effect on her?

She's surely having an effect on me. I'm having to rein myself in constantly to stop myself from taking her in my arms and kissing her. The way she looked earlier in her short shorts and bra. I nearly lost it to my wolf. And Ethan had seen her like that...even before I had. The thought caused a growl to escape deep from my throat. She's mine. No one else should be seeing her body on display like that. Her body is for my eyes only.

Another thought infiltrated my mind at that moment. Maybe lots of wolves had seen her in less than that. Maybe she's had boyfriends and lovers before me. My wolf was fighting to get to the surface. I'd cut him off in order to try to keep him at bay but my resolve was wearing thin. I have to stop thinking about these things or else I might go break down her door right now.

I'm supposed to be getting ready for dinner. As long as I can get downstairs before her, I'll be able to convince her to sit with me. Even just having her close will be enough for now.

I decided a cold shower would be best. I stripped my clothes and headed for the en suite bathroom. I heard the water turn on next door and I tried to ignore the fact that my mate was naked on the other side of the wall. This will have to be a really cold shower.

After finishing my business in the bathroom, I grabbed a pair of jeans and a plain black tshirt. No need to dress formally while I'm here. It was nice to be away from the castle with all its formalities. Having to dress and act like a prince all the time was tiresome. Being here in Quinn's pack, I'm able to just be myself.

The pack has done a good job welcoming me and although the alpha and luna are fawning over my every need, the rest of the pack members are willing to treat me as an equal...for the most part. I don't take it as a negative thing since it's exactly what I want. I wanted to be fully included in the training and I want to eat dinner with them as a pack. I enjoy the moments where I feel most like myself.

After running my hands through my dark brown hair, still damp from the shower, I was ready. I opened the door just as I saw Ethan and Suze heading towards the stairs to go down for dinner. Quinn's door was still closed. It looks like I was successful in beating her to be ready first.

"Hey loverboy," Ethan joked. I scowled at him. "Sorry. Didn't know it was a sore subject still," he admitted.

"Unfortunately yes," I replied. "We're working on things but haven't made much headway." I gazed towards her door as Ethan gave Suze a look. It seemed they were talking over their newfound mindlink.

"I can see what I can do, Liam," Suze offered. "But I don't promise anything. Quinn and I may be best friends but even I have no control over what decisions she makes. She's incredibly strong willed and puts a lot of thought into her decisions. You should see her every year when she tries to think of what she wants for her birthday," she chuckled. "It takes weeks. She has to make pro con lists to think about what would be most fun or useful. So believe me. She isn't giving up on you. She just needs time to process things."

I sighed. Suze is right. I need to have patience. It's just so hard for me and my wolf to have this uncertainty hanging over our heads. The higher up a wolf is in the hierarchy, the stronger our pull to our mate is. Being the top of the hierarchy, it's unbearable. I'm doing everything I can but I don't know if I'll be able to make it through the week without making some sort of mistake with her. I just hope she can forgive me when it undoubtedly happens.