Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Quinn POV

"Okay spill," Suze squealed the second I was seated in the car.

"There's nothing to spill, Suze," I replied dryly. I didn't even know what was going on right now so there was no way I was telling her anything.

"Don't lie to me, Quinn," she cried. "I know you better than anyone. You would never have let a man push you around, asking you to put on your flannel. And you kissed him! Like, you actually kissed him! This is a big change from 'I don't know if I even want a mate', Quinny. What's going on??"

I sighed. She's right. These are big changes. I didn't mind putting on the flannel as much as I thought I would. I feel like it's a respect thing. I wouldn't want him running around shirtless around unmated females so if he was uncomfortable with my outfit, I should respect his feelings as well.

He didn't ask me to change my outfit. He only asked if I would put something over my clothes. Maybe Suze is right though. That wasn't much like my strong personality to allow that to happen. I wasn't going to change it now though. I stand by my promises and taking off the flannel would be dishonest to Liam. Besides, I feel pretty comfortable in it as well.

Since meeting Liam, the thought of unmated males looking at me that way is rather unappealing. I've never been one to search for male attention but I've noticed the looks before. It's a bit unsettling to think about now. They have mates out there. They shouldn't be looking at other shewolves like that. As for the kiss...I don't know how I'll explain that to Suze. It wasn't like it was our first kiss. She doesn't know that though...

"QUINN!!" I heard, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking over at an exasperated looking Suze.

"What the heck?? I was talking to you and you just stared off into space with this dumb look on your face. Were you even listening to me? What's going on with you?"

"I don't know, Suze," I replied honestly. I really didn't know. I was still trying to figure it out myself.

She huffed in disappointment. She knew me well enough to know I wasn't going to give her any more details. I knew how to cheer her up though. "How are things going with you and Ethan?"

Suze's eyes lit up and she squealed, causing me to plug my ears.

"Ugh, Suze! You trying to make me go deaf??"

"Sorry Quinny," she replied. "I just can't get over how lucky I am! I mean, he's charming and respectful. He's so funny and not to mention SO hot! He's also AMAZING in be-"

"SUZE!" I screamed covering my ears again.

"What Quinny?" she laughed. "You're not so far off from that yourself! You can't be a prude forever!"

"Well these virgin ears do not want to hear about your sexcapades with your mate. Keep that in the bedroom please," I replied.

"Gladly," she mumbled under her breath and then burst out laughing.

I took that moment to turn up the radio and we both started singing to one of our favorite songs. I love this girl so much. We pulled into the parking lot a few minutes later. We made it not long before first period. Not our usual timely arrival but it's the last week of senior year, who really cares at this point?

Suze and I were heading up the stairs when we heard a voice call out behind us, "Suze! Quinn! Hold up a second."

We turned around to see a couple of guys from our pack approaching us. I rolled my eyes but Suze being the social butterfly waited for them patiently.

"Hey guys!" she called out. "What's up?"

"Nothin much Suze," Brad answered. "You guys going to the end of the year party tomorrow night?"

"You know it," Suze answered with a devilish grin. She's been looking forward to this party for her entire high school career.

It's a tradition for the senior class to throw a huge party the last week of school. Throwing it mid-week just made it all the more scandalous. There's no reason to have it on the weekend since it was graduation and everyone would already be partying it up at the pack house. This was just something extra to spice things up a bit.

I saw Brad glance quickly at Suze's neck where her fresh mark was displayed proudly. He then looked in my direction and I gave him a scowl. His lips turned up in a smirk at my reaction. I guess he thinks I didn't find my mate at the ball this past weekend. Oh how wrong he is.

"We'll be there, right Quinny?" Suze nudged me.

"Of course," I replied. "Wouldn't miss it for the world."

I gave Brad a challenging stare and noticed all his friends were looking at me the same way. Male werewolves weren't always as respectful of the whole mate thing when it came to unmated shewolves. Many of them were willing to get some experience before finding their mates. I found it disgusting seeing as they have a mate out there waiting for them. But to be honest there were some shewolves out there that felt the same way. I just try to keep my nose out of other people's business when it comes to that.

"See ya then," Brad called out as he and his group walked into the building.

"Oh my goddess Quinn, how could I have forgotten the party??" she squealed again.

"Suze, I'm right here. Please stop yelling," I winced as I tried to regain hearing in my left ear.

"Sorry Quinny," she pouted. "I'm just so excited! We have to look HOT. Like, I want these high school losers to remember us forever. Let's go out with a bang!"

I had a bad feeling about what Suze had in mind. It'll be hard to pull off especially with some overprotective mates hanging around us. I don't think Suze completely understands what could happen in a situation like that. We'll just have to find out I guess.