Chapter 61

Chapter 61

Quinn POV

The last thing I wanted to do was embarrass Liam in front of his staff. They have no idea I haven't fully accepted him yet. Of course the prince's mate would want to be in the same room with him. That makes logical sense. What is wrong with me? How am I the only shewolf in history that didn't jump at the opportunity to be mated to a prince?

"Quinn," Liam pulls me from my thoughts. I turn towards him and feel my cheeks heating up. I need to stop getting in my head so much.

"Yes, Liam?" I replied, though my voice held a lot less strength than it normally does.

I could tell we were in a different part of the castle now. Liam had led me through different hallways and I could honestly say I had no idea where we were. Normally I would freak out not being able to have my bearings but I trust Liam immensely.

"You don't have to stay with me, Quinn," Liam continued. "There are a few empty rooms in my wing. You can choose whichever you want. Heck, if you'd prefer my room, I would gladly give it to you and I'll stay somewhere else."

"I'd like to be in your room," I blurted out.

This seemed to catch Liam by surprise momentarily but he hid it well and nodded, "Alright, I'll grab my things and move across the hall. I'll only be a few feet away if you-"

"No!" I cut him off suddenly.

His face contorted painfully, "Would you like me to be further away? I'm sure there's rooms open on the other side of the castle. Just say the word, Quinn and I'll make it happen." I could see the sadness in his eyes.

"No Liam," I said. "You don't understand. I want to stay in your room...with you."

His face snapped to mine immediately and I could see the hope he had hidden in his eyes. "Are you sure, Quinn? I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

I reached out to gently take his face in my hands, "It's been a long and stressful day, my prince, and what I think I need most right now is the comforting embrace of my mate."

I felt Liam's heartbeat pick up upon hearing my words. I could tell he was trying not to seem too enthusiastic but his erratic heartbeat was giving him away. He took my hand in his and led me a few feet further down the hallway.

We reached the last door and he paused in front of it, "You're sure you want to do this? Once I have you in my arms, Quinn, I don't know if I'll ever be able to let you go."

His words registered but I didn't seem to care anymore. I wanted, no needed, to be close to him. Everything inside of me screamed to touch him.

"Yes Liam," I replied. "I want nothing more than for you to hold me. And please, never let me go."

He quickly opened the door and I was almost assaulted with his scent. It was heaven on earth. Is this how he felt when he first entered my room? How could he even think straight? I felt his hand tug me further into the room so he could shut the door behind us.

I noticed a small pile of my things in the corner but didn't see where the rest were.

"Check the closet," Liam said as he gestured towards the other side of the room.

I walked towards the door that seemed to be miles away in this massive room and upon entering the walk in closet, I saw that all my clothes had been hung up or folded neatly. I grabbed a clean set of pajamas and exited to see Liam taking his watch off and placing it on one of the nightstands.