Chapter 93

Chapter 93

Quinn POV

It's only been a couple minutes since we've started back on our way towards the summer house without the additional guards from Liam. Who even knows if that's where Seth is leading us though. I don't have any clue where we are in all honesty. That thought sent another shiver down my spine. I hope Liam will be able to find me.

I shook my head at the way I was thinking. I've never felt the need to rely on anyone else like this before. Why have I turned into such a big baby now that I'm mated? This is the last thing I wanted.

My head started to hurt with all the conflicting thoughts and stress. I don't need this right now. I need to stay focused. Why can't I focus?

I brought myself back to reality and saw that Seth was looking at me with that stupid little smirk on his face. I guess he thinks his drugs are working finally.

At this point I just have to assume that he's using the same drugs he used on my mom and the other prisoners while they were in captivity. He's probably not creative enough to find something else to be honest. If I remember correctly, that drug only blocked the wolf.

'Only, huh?' my wolf scoffed in my head. 'You know you'd be nothing without me.'

I could imagine her pouting and sticking out her tongue at me.

'Girl, don't even go there,' I dismissed her. 'You know you're the braun to my brains.'

I guess that appeased her because she didn't say anything else. Probably for the best honestly. If Seth thought my wolf was being blocked, I really shouldn't have my eyes glazed over mind linking.

I thought about telling Liam this new information but I don't want to worry him unnecessarily. It's not like my wolf is actually blocked.

All of the sudden, I could feel a sense of urgency come from Liam. His wolf was calling out to me more now than before. He must be on his way. It would still take quite a while for him to make it to me but I have some thoughts on how I can delay this process.

"Seth," I called out.

He stopped abruptly and held up his hand for everyone else to pause as well. He confidently glided over to me with that smug smirk on his face. "Yes, your highness?" he asked. His voice made me want to barf.

"I'm not feeling well," I pouted.

'Ugh, you disgust me,' my wolf gagged at my overexaggerated theatrics. I didn't respond since Seth was looking right in my eyes. He can't see me talk to my wolf. I had to put on an act though. The weaker Seth thinks I am, the better.

Seth put on an act himself. "Oh dear, do you need to take a rest? Why don't you drink a little more water? It's possible you're dehydrated." He pulled the water that was half finished from my pack. I gave him my best fake smile before downing the rest of the bottle. I could see Seth's warriors giving each other looks from the corner of my eye.

'Idiots,' I thought.

"There," Seth continued. "That should do the trick."

Goddess I hate this guy.

"I would like to rest as well if that's alright," I said, wiping a drop of water from the corner of my mouth.

Seth glanced at the sun high in the sky, seeming to weigh the thought over in his head. "I guess we have time for that," he agreed.

Cocky son of a bitch.

"Not too long though. I don't want anyone to catch our scents out here."