Chapter 49

Chapter 49

Quinn POV

"Quinny," I heard Suze call behind me for the fifth time after I stormed out of the house. "Please Quinny, I totally understand why you're upset but you really should talk to Liam about this before you make any rash decisions."

Suze was right but I'm too angry right now to talk to him. "I'm not in the mood to talk, Suze. He took advantage of my weakness and marked my body without permission."

"It's not permanent, Quinn," she tried to calm me. "It'll be gone in a day or so."

"That's not the point, Suze. Why don't you get it? He disrespected me! I was just starting to have real feelings for the guy and he goes and does this! Maybe he's not the guy I think he is. I really need to think about this for a while."

I turned back around and headed for the car. I heard Suze running to catch up with me a minute later.

"I have an idea, Quinny," she said cheerfully. "Why don't we skip school today? We won't be missing anything. It's the last week. We'll barely get in any trouble. We're seniors. Let's go shopping! There's that party tonight and I told you that I want us to look hot. That'll be one way to get back at Liam. Make him see what he's missing out on when he treats you like that! Whadda ya think, Quinny?"

She looked so excited. I couldn't help but feel my mood pick up slightly. The only problem is, when Liam finds out, he'll be pissed and try to come find us. He doesn't trust me to take care of myself.

"On one condition," I said. "You don't tell Ethan and you cut off your link for the day. Knowing Liam, he's going to be bugging Ethan to get updates from you all day long. I want this to be our day and I don't want any distractions."

Suze thought about it for a minute then gave me a devilish grin, "Deal!" She squealed before grabbing my arm and dragging me to her car. "We're gonna have so much fun, Quinny! Just a day for us! Girls day!"

The thought made me cringe a little. I'm not huge on shopping and 'girls days' but if it got my mind off Liam and gave me an opportunity to get back at him somehow for this, I'm all in.

As soon as we were off the pack property, Suze cut her link with Ethan. It would take him a while to notice, he'd have to try contacting her first. I figure we have an hour or so before he notices anything is wrong. That's more than enough time. They won't be able to follow our scents too easily since we're in the car. It would take all day for them to track us.

The school might try to contact my dad to let them know we didn't show up but he's supposed to be busy all day with Reggie so I don't see that as an issue. The school wouldn't know where we went anyway so that wouldn't give our plan away. I think it's completely foolproof.

We pulled into the mall parking lot about thirty minutes later. This mall was in the human territory but the wolves from our pack and a few surrounding packs would come here to do some shopping. We didn't waste our valuable resources creating stores when we could easily pass for human and go to their land to shop.

Suze and I entered the mall before deciding to start in the food court. I'd only grabbed an apple for breakfast and I didn't have the stomach to eat it before. We found a doughnut shop and grabbed a couple to eat while we walked around.

We did a lap of the top floor, scoping out what stores we wanted to go to. We had all day to shop so there was no rush. Once we'd finished our doughnuts, we'd done a full lap of the whole mall.

"Let's start in here," Suze said, gesturing towards a trendy clothing shop.

"Okay," I agreed. Suze knows way more than I do about fashion. I'd mostly be following her around all day.

We spent the first three hours or so shopping for everyday clothes. Suze picked out a few outfits for herself and some for me as well. We were currently in a more expensive looking store. Suze told me we were going to get our outfits for the party tonight in here.

She slowly perused the selection of dresses while I followed behind her dutifully. She pulled out a few options here and there but shook her head every time. It was a large store and I was getting a bit tired of walking around aimlessly. I spotted a seat towards the back and told Suze I would wait for her there. She pouted a bit but when I offered to take her bags, she gave in.

Sitting down on the fashionable, yet highly uncomfortable seat, I felt much more comfortable. I'm not used to this kind of activity. I'm getting a little stir crazy being in this mall all day feeling like I'm going in endless circles.

I decided to turn on my phone just to see if I'd missed any calls or texts. Suze and I had decided to not only cut off our mind links but also our cellphones.

As the device powered on, I thought back to the reason why we were here today. I'm still mad at Liam. I'm definitely not ready to talk to him yet.

As soon as the screen lit up, my phone was buzzing nonstop. I had twenty-four missed calls. Some from Ethan, most from Liam, but there were also two from my dad. I guess he got the message from the school after all.

Now the text messages were pouring in. I had sixteen missed texts. Ethan had sent a few begging me to let him know Suze was okay and to have her open her mind link to him.

My dad's text was short and sweet, "We'll discuss whatever you're doing when you get home. Be safe." He trusted me to take care of myself. Unlike some people...

The texts from Liam ranged from apologetic to frantic. I didn't bother reading all of them. I'm sure he's talked to my dad by now but he doesn't trust me the same way dad does.

I sighed and decided to turn my phone off again. It wasn't worth the stress to think about everyone back at the pack house right now. I'm here to keep my mind off them. Liam especially.

Suze was quick to distract me again. "Quinny!" I heard her call from behind a rack of clothes.

"Over here!" I called back.

She burst from the forest of clothes holding up a few dresses. "I think I found the ones! Let's go try them on!"

I nodded. Whatever she found, it better be good. I want everyone's eyes on me tonight.