Chapter 64

Chapter 64

Liam POV

I could tell Quinn was nervous as we made our way down to breakfast. This would be her first time meeting my parents and I'm sure that was a bit intimidating for her. I tried to calm her nerves as much as possible but there was only so much I could do.

We approached the solid wood doors leading to the dining hall hand in hand and I paused before entering. I drew Quinn into my chest and pressed a lingering kiss on her forehead while rubbing small circles on her back.

"They're going to love you. Just be yourself," I whispered.

She looked up into my eyes and I could see her worry but her eyes hardened as she set her resolve.

"That's my girl," I smiled and kissed her once more only this time on the lips.

"Ugh, save it for the bedroom!" I heard a deep voice call from behind me.

I growled lowly as my moment with Quinn was interrupted. I turned with Quinn still in my arms to see Ethan and Suze headed our way.

"Suze! Ethan!" Quinn called to them as she wiggled in my arms to be let loose. After a moment or so I relented and she dove into Suze's arms.

"I've missed you," I heard her whisper.

"It's only been a few hours, Quinny," Suze giggled.

"Well it felt like forever," Quinn replied.

This hurt me slightly. Am I not enough for my mate? She's been with me this whole time yet she craved the attention of others more than she did me.

Ethan went to hug my mate but before he could wrap his arms around her, I got in between them and pulled Quinn to my chest.

"Mine," I growled.

I don't want Quinn craving any male's attention other than my own. I'm feeling more possessive now that we're here together and I have Quinn by my side all the time.

"Liam," Quinn protested. "It's just Ethan. You have no reason to go all neanderthal on me. I'm yours and only yours."

She reached up to stroke my face and I leaned into her touch. This calmed me slightly but I still wasn't letting her go.

She sighed and turned to face Ethan and Suze while still in my arms as I took in deep breaths of her scent. "Shall we go in? I'm starving."

"Let's," Suze agreed as she took Ethan's hand in her own.

They started walking ahead of us and I reluctantly let Quinn go so she could walk beside me again. Ethan held open the door for Suze and went to do the same for Quinn and I but I growled again. What's gotten into me? I've known Quinn for almost a week and I wasn't nearly this bad in Diamond Crescent.

Ethan held up his hands and let the door go. I caught it before it could close on Quinn's face and held it for her to enter.

At the head of the table was my father, King Silas and to his left was my mother, Queen Genevieve. Both of them stood as we entered the room.

"Son," my father called out in his booming voice. "I'm so happy you've arrived home. Please, introduce us to your mate. I know your mother and I have been dying to meet our new daughter."

I could see the tears welling up in my mother's eyes. She's been waiting for this for such a long time. I looked to Quinn and I could see no nervousness anymore. She looked poised. Just like a queen.

"Mother, father, this is Quinn Larson, my mate. She is the daughter of Diamond Crescent's head warrior, Darrell Larson. She is also the most wonderful shewolf I have ever met in my entire life."