Chapter 76

Chapter 76

Liam POV

I'm in a deep sleep but I can still sense bits and pieces of what's around me. I've never experienced anything like this before. Once I realized Quinn will never truly accept me as her mate, my body shut down. I'd been running myself ragged trying to find her and it all caught up to me.

I try to reach my wolf but he isn't responding.

'Great,' I think to myself. 'Just great.'

This is the second time I've lost communication with him in less than a day. What kind of a prince am I? My mate doesn't want me, my wolf doesn't want me. Who else doesn't want me? I'm useless.

Just then I feel someone touch me. Faint sparks erupt across my cheek. Quinn. She's here. Why is she here?

Then she speaks. "Liam, my prince. My mate. My love."

Love? Quinn doesn't love me. She only pities me. She feels bad for me. She should just leave and forget about me. I'm nothing.

But then she continues, "I can't believe it took me so long to realize what you are to me. You're right. I've been so blinded by rage and fear that I couldn't see what's right in front of my face."

I'm right. She's saying I'm right. Maybe there is a chance. I can feel myself calming. She touches me again and I feel my body relax under her touch.

"I'm so sorry for everything I've put you through. I've been so unfair to you and you didn't deserve any of it. You've been nothing but good to me. All you wanted was to love me and I didn't give you that chance. I honestly can't believe you put up with me this long."

'It's because I love you Quinn', I try to say but nothing comes out.

Doesn't she know how I feel about her? I was born to love her, faults and all. We can do this if we just work together. You need to trust me. Trust me, Quinn.

No sound leaves my mouth though. I'm still and silent as she continues, "What did I ever do to deserve a mate as amazing as you? Nothing, I'll tell you that right now. I'm selfish and impulsive. What kind of a queen would I have been? You're better off without me."

'No!' I cry. But again no words come out.

I'm not better without you. I'm nothing without you. Do you not see what I am? I'm a shell of a man when you're gone. I cannot live without you. I just need you to see what we can be. Together. Let me in. Let me be your partner. We can take on this world together. I just need you to let me in.

Quinn pulls away and I'm fighting everything in me to wake up. Why can't I move? I need to go to her before she leaves me. She could be gone by now.

I'm writhing around in my mind. It does nothing but agitate me though. I need to calm down and figure out how to pull myself out of this predicament that I'm in. First I need to reach my wolf. It's probably his doing that put me in this sleep-like state.

I'm about to call out to him when I feel Quinn's hands on me again. She didn't leave. Why is she still here? There's still a chance.

I feel something wet drip on my face. It must be raining. But then I hear Quinn's sobs and I know it isn't rain I'm feeling. It's her tears. I've made her cry again. Why must I always make her cry?

"Please forgive me, Liam," she cries. She's closer to my face now. "I know you don't want me."

I growl when she says this. 'I do want you, Quinn!'