Epilogue - Kingdom Come

Since that day, everything was perfectly well. Life was kind and only gave Jimin and Seulgi happiness. They lived in their own house near the Kang’s mansion and often visited just to have dinner together with the whole family or even just to babysit Seola. So far their marriage life was full of joy. In the morning they woke up and shared a sweet kiss before got ready for their schedule. Jimin was busy with his work and Seulgi was engaged with her charity and social event. In between they never forgot to exchange text message to share about their day. At night they always went to bed together, some time they made love and the other time they just cuddled and talked. They were so into each other and living together was a luxury for both.

Two weeks after they returned from Maldives, they took a trip to Busan to visit grandma. There, Seulgi fell sick and Jimin extremely worried about his wife. She was pale and weak. She rested in bed all day long under a thick warm blanket and he lost his mind. He freaked out but his grandma was so calm. She told him that she already asked her personal doctor to come and said his wife was going to be alright. Grandma had a smile on her face and it pissed him off. Seulgi was ill and his grandma annoyingly reacted that way. He then confronted but grandma chuckled loudly.

“Jimin-ah, don’t worry too much, hm? Our Seulgi is only pregnant” Grandma said with a big smile.

“How do you know? She is not vomiting, she is not even having a nausea” Jimin doubted his grandma.

Aigoo---” Grandma scolded as she playfully slapped Jimin’s arm “---just listen to this old lady, I had been pregnant three times!” She continued.

“I don’t believe you” Jimin was stubborn.

“Just go get a pregnancy test then and let’s see” Grandma challenged her grandson.

Jimin stood there for a while before he left to get one. He came back fast and immediately went to Seulgi. He kissed her cheek softly as he tried to wake her up. Slowly she opened her eyes and stared at him. She smiled slightly and convinced him that she was alright. He just nodded and then showed her the pregnancy test. She blinked continuously as a reality hit her. She didn’t remember when the last time she got her period. Right, she was late. She grabbed the pregnancy test from his hand and places a peck on his lips before she rushed to the bathroom and took the test. Minutes felt like hours as she impatiently waited for the result. Her heart started beating so fast in anticipation and then it stopped so suddenly when two lines appeared there.

“Jim, I’m pregnant” Seulgi screamed from inside the bathroom.

Jimin who waited outside, right away barged in and looked at his wife in disbelief. Seulgi showed him the pregnancy test and he swore he was so near to explode. He had the widest smile on his face as he pulled her into his embrace. She hugged him back and told him that they were going to be parents. He nodded as he kept whispering thank you to her. They felt blessed and contented. They were so thankful and grateful for this gift from heaven. They couldn’t wait to meet the baby.

Soon, Jimin and Seulgi shared the good news to everyone. Grandma congratulated them as she teasingly scolded her grandson because he didn’t believe her. Jimin just pouted and apologized adorably then he bragged to the whole mansion that he was going to be a father and everybody celebrated. Seulgi had a smile on her face all the time and she kept it there even when she returned to the bedroom with Jimin to make a call to their family in Seoul and Queenstown. They first had a video call with her father who looked super happy with the news. Her father immediately told Joohyun and her sister in law just clapped her hand elegantly as she congratulated. Then they dialed his father’s number and in one ring he answered though it was dinner time in Queenstown. They right away delivered the news and Junjin was so speechless as he was going to be a grandfather soon. He thanked his daughter in law continuously and he saw how proud his son was. He was grateful that he could experience this kind of feeling and he felt blessed to hear it directly from his son and daughter in law.