Chapter 28 - Plea

The first fight is not the last one. It's unavoidable as Jimin and Seulgi become busier with the schedule of their wedding preparation. They have a lot of things to do in a very short time and this is super stressful. What makes it even worse is, they are unable to come face to face and have quality time together. In a span of three weeks, they only meet once for their simple pre-wedding photoshoot in studio. They even do their wedding dress and suit fitting separately. Somehow it leads into an argument and inevitably makes a distance between them. They are aware of it and they are not going to let it continue any further. Today, a week before their wedding, after the preparation is about 90% complete, they decide to visit Jeju Island to spend some time alone. Two days one night, a short trip but hopefully it is going to bring everything into its place.

Taking a private jet, Jimin and Seulgi fly to Jeju Island early in the morning. At first, they are a little bit awkward with each other, but as time goes by, words flow like a river, smiles appear like a warm spring day and just like that the ice starts to melt. In the end they are comfortable with each other again. As their hands are intertwined tightly, they keep talking about this and that, start from an unimportant chat to a deep conversation. It feels like they haven't meet for years and in that exact moment they realize how much they miss each other.

After about an hour flight, the private jet lands safely in Jeju Island. Immediately, Jimin and Seulgi are escorted through a VIP exit to the car. Jimin decides to drive the car by himself as he is impatient to be left alone with Seulgi, with no one interrupting. He helps her to get in to the car as always before he rushes to the other side and joins her inside. He gives her a sweet smile and a quick peck then rides away to one of her family's private villa. It doesn't take a long time to reach the destination. There are tens villa with different size and design, nicely line up under the blue sky. They head to the near end villa which is close to a legendarily beautiful and magnificent beach rock. That one is the most famous as it has an outstanding and a spectacular coastline picturesque. Moreover, after the sunset, it's going to turn into a quiet and unrealistically romantic place. A perfect spot for love birds.

Walk through a petite coastal yard, Jimin and Seulgi go toward the front door. Eyes wander around, plants like prickly pear cactuses, junipers and rugosa roses grow exquisitely there. This is really a nice get away place. Jimin opens the door and holds it for Seulgi. Once she is inside, he closes the door behind and immediately puts their things on floor then pull her into his arms, hugging and embracing her softly. Her warmth spreads through his body and it's so comfortable and pleasant to have her near him like this. He takes a deep breath and smells her sweet scent before he finally speaks in whispery.

"I miss you so much"

A smile appears on Seulgi's face as she hears that. Slowly, she moves both of her hands to his waist and returns Jimin's affectionate gesture. She softly whispers and tells him, she feels the same, she misses him so much. Thereafter, she snuggles closer as she places her ear on his chest and listens to his heartbeat. This man is going to be her husband and she is going to be his wife next week. She never once thinks that her life is going this way. She knows, her life is already written by her father and she believes, he only wants the best for her but she never expects it to be like this. It's unbelievably beyond beautiful. She is very grateful. Same as her, Jimin also never once imagines about this kind of life. It's colorful and he lately smiles a lot. Ever since he meets her, he starts to realize that he has someone to protect, someone to take care of, someone to fight for. That's an enough reason to gradually become a better man and eventually be the best man.

***

Take a stroll together along the beach, hand in hand, Jimin and Seulgi enjoys the smell of the sea as they continue their little conversation. The sound of wave and the breeze accompany their moment. He then slowly starts letting go her hand and moves it to embrace her shoulder. Automatically, she puts her arm around his waist and slightly rests her head on his shoulder. It already feels like a honeymoon and none of them are complaining. Even the environment and atmosphere support the intimacy as it is not a peak season. It's more quiet and empty than usual. It's only them.