Chapter 24 - Confession

Cameras and recorders are on hands. Elbows and arms are up and ready to deceive and push one another as everybody enters one of the TripleSeven Hotel's meeting room. Reporters rush and compete to claim five black seats on the very front row and get the best spot for an exclusive press conference by Park Jimin. This morning, an official statement regarding his wedding with Seulgi had been made and published through a press release. The frenzy began just one second after the article was put in internet by one of the biggest and most trusted media outlet in Korea. Everybody already predicted about it but still somehow it was such a big shocking and surprising news. The talk went around and traveled to every ears, spreading and flaring up. Right now, the whole nation is going crazy about their marriage without knowing that it's just a part of plan to cover up a bigger scandal.

It's exactly 9 o'clock and the door on the left side is opened. Then there, Park Jimin enters the meeting room and in no time cameras start blindly blitzing him. He has his poker face on yet looks gorgeously charming in his office attire. Light grey plaid suit and black tie, he is undoubtedly handsome. Behind, his grandma also walks in and immediately gets everybody's attention. No one expects her presence but is glad to see her here. Each one of them stand up and bow to greet her. She nods and slightly smiles to them before she asks them to take a seat. Once everybody sits, no one says a thing, no one makes a noise. Everybody politely waits for a commencement of the press conference.

"Good morning, firstly, I want to convey my gratitude for everybody who is willing to gather here and attend the press conference" Jimin speaks formally.

Truthfully, it's scripted. Of course, there is no way Jimin would like to talk kindly to reporters. He hates them so much. However, for the sake of the plan, he needs to do his best and play his role. He is not an actor but he guesses he is quiet good in acting as no one notices it. He smiles a little then he continues to announce and confirm the already known news.

"As all of you know, earlier, there was an article release about my wedding with Ms. Kang Seulgi---" Jimin pauses and takes a breath before he finally spills everything "---yes, that's true, next month, I will tie the knot with her" He ends it there and instantly an explosion of questions happen here and there.

"When will it be held? Where will it be take place?"

"How did you get to know Ms. Kang? Since when did you two get close?"

"When did the engagement happen?"

"Is it an arranged marriage?"

"Can you give us some detail about the wedding?"

Jimin says nothing. He stays silent. He forces himself to fake a smile and turns his face to his grandma. He has it enough, he doesn't want to deal with these meddlesome reporters anymore, so he just seeks help from his grandma. Beside, grandma fully understand a signal that his grandson sends. She takes over the microphone and firstly greets the media. She gives a short speech before she answers some of their questions casually. She believes his grandson wants bare minimum information to be shared. Everything needs to be kept as possible for privacy reason.

"The wedding will be held next month privately, we really are sorry, this is the only detail that we can give, thank you for your understanding"

That's all, grandma says everything she needs to say. She stands up from her seat and bows slightly before she proceeds to leave the room with Jimin quietly follows her behind. Everyone is not giving up yet, they keep shouting and yelling their questions. They hope and beg for more detail and information, but till the door is closed and separating them with the conglomerates, they get none. It looks like they need to be full and satisfied with the crumbs.