Chapter 17 - Buzz

Seulgi slowly walks closer to the water and gently the wave touches her skin. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. She tries really hard to control her emotion. It's not an easy task to do but up until now she does a great job. Truthfully, she worries about Jimin and his feeling but she convinces her own self that he will be alright but shortly after, his cry breaks the silent night. She feels taken aback as she immediately opens her eyes and turns to check him. Her heart stops and shatters at the sight of him breaking down so sorrowfully. It's hurting and torturing. She chooses to look away as she is not able to handle the pain but her ears still hear and listen to his sadness. In the end, she crumbles into pieces and lets her tears fall.

In the middle of the tears, Seulgi suddenly remembers about what her father once said. A strong man never holds back his tear. A true man always is honest to his own heart and cries if it needs to. It's not a sign of weakness, but the opposite. A moment when someone sheds tears for other, it's truthfully a symbol of pure heart. Tear shows innocence and sincerity of one self. It's always better to express your sadness through your tears rather than put on a smiling mask and pretend like you're fine. Yes, Jimin is one strong man who sincerely believes in her, he puts aside his pride and lets her see his plain naked feeling. He is genuine.

Thereafter, Seulgi starts erasing her tears away and calls on all her courage to give her attention to Jimin. Right now, she watches him from afar as he still cries. She sees him keep drowning into his mother's memories of him, until one point, all of sudden, he stops crying and petrifies. At first, she furrows her brows but it hits her hard when she figures out what surprises him like that. It's obviously a note that she purposely left for him on the last page of his journal. 8.21.2018 As I read this journal, I realize how you mean the world not only to your mother and grandma, but also to me. Today, I learn that I love you. It's a spontaneous confession letter that comes right from her heart and it indeed moves his heart.

It's Seulgi's turn to petrify on her place. Jimin suddenly lifts his face and makes an eye contact with her. He just stares at her and it is obvious there is only gratefulness deep in his eyes. He rises from the sands and slowly approaches her. She sees him getting closer and her brain stop functioning. He is one step away and the next second he leaves no gap between, making their body graze. One hand moves up to her waist and locks her in an embrace while the other one cups her cheek and softly caresses it. No word comes out as he leans in for a short yet deep kiss. Once he pulls away, he stares into her eyes and slightly smiles.

"I love you too" Jimin whispers under his breath.

There, love sparks and revolves around them. It ignites their world and changes their life forever. They know that they love each other from long time ago, but tonight, their confession and admission seal their heart together. Love easily changes the meaning of the word 'home'. It's not a place anymore, it's a person. Yes, everytime Jimin looks into Seulgi's eyes, he feels like he is home. Yes, everytime Seulgi is around Jimin's embrace, she is home. Beautiful, falling in love is beautiful.

***

Dear Seulgi,

You come into my life in an unexpected way but surprisingly you change everything. In a short period of time, you touch the deepest part of my heart and melt it away. Before, I only think about me and myself, but it's different now, I can never spell me without you. You always see perfection in my imperfection and that's how you bring out the best version of me. I'm so thankful, I can be honest to you and never once you judge me. You understand and accept me as I am, good or bad, you appreciate it. I learn so many things from you, honesty and sincerity. You are a kind person and sometimes I feel like I don't deserve you. That's why I promise to myself, I will be a better man for you, a man who will always treat you right.