Chapter 11 - Promise

It's nerveracking. Jimin actually hears his own heartbeat as he follows detective Seo to the investigation room. He feels terribly nervous about the suspect as he has no idea about who it is. It drives him crazy but he needs to face it. He takes a deep breath when detective Seo opens the door to a room. He enters together with Minjae but he petrifies immediately when he witnesses it. Through the one way mirror, he sees a familiar face but it causes him to feel really confused. What is it? What is she doing there? Seriously, it makes no sense.

"You know her?" Detective Seo asks Jimin.

Jimin turns his face and nods to detective Seo. He then explains everything. The suspect is someone he knows, Han Yisoo, his stepmother's personal assistant. She only started working last month and she got a lot of praises though she was just a fresh graduate that time. She looks like a kind person and even his grandmother agrees with that, so it's unconvincing that she is capable to do such things to other human being. He sighs as he furrows his brows. He doesn't know how, but somehow he has a feeling that she is not the one.

"Are you sure she is the suspect?" Jimin asks.

Detective Seo tells Jimin and Minjae that everything points her being the suspect. First, they have CCTV footage of the cruise. That night, Yisoo was on board though she wasn't in guests list. She was seen entering the kitchen and getting out five minutes later with one of the waitress. She talked for a while and in the end she gave the waitress a small bottle filled with suspicious liquid. Second, detectives right away came and interrogated the waitress. From there, they knew that it was a peanut oil and Yisoo asked the waitress to add it to Seulgi's food. The waitress didn't think twice since Yisoo offered a great amount of money and did as asked. Lastly, they successfully made Yisoo admitted her crime and spoke about her motive.

"And?" Minjae questions as he holds back his anger.

"It's because of love. Han Yisoo confessed that she is in love with you, Park Jimin, she feels jealous of Seulgi and decides to do such thing" Detective Seo states.

"What?"

Both Jimin and Minjae are taken aback by the information. It's hard to understand that love is Yisoo's motive to execute a crime. It makes Jimin speechless but at the same time makes him think. Is it possible to fall in love when you never talks? He never even once talks to or greets Yisoo and she never looks like she cares about his existence as well. If they cross path, Yisoo just bows to him politely and leaves immediately. He is not an expert but he of course knows how to differentiate who is in love and who is not. Surely, Yisoo is the second one, she is not and she is never in love with him. So, what is this?

"Is it for real?" Jimin asks once again.

Detective Seo sighs and looks into Jimin and also Minjae. As detective, he smelt oddity since he first investigated this case. He found out, Yisoo had quite amount of debt so he checked her bank account. There was no transfer trace to her bank account but her debt paid off. It became more and more suspicious when he interrogated her. She was right away admitted her crime and denied involvement of others. Even the criminal profiler said that it was all way too easy and it felt like the evidences were deliberately shoved to their faces. He wanted further investigation but the commissioner ordered to close the case since they had evidences and suspect's admission. He tried to be stubborn but commissioner asked him to stop before it caused troubles to them. He had no power so he was obliged to obey. Eventually he just nods to Jimin and Minjae. Jimin just sighs while Minjae talks.

"If she is guilty, then I'll leave it to law"

***

A pair of classic Christian Dior pumps produces a tapping sound as it meets the marble floor below. Her hips sway everytime she confidently takes a step ahead. From head to her toe, high fashion brands complete her look. She holds beautiful flowers on her right hand as a sly smile graces her face. Once she is infront of a door of hospital VIP's room, she changes her whole expression into a worry one. She knocks and slowly slides the door as it immediately reveals what's behind. She sees Seulgi there, on a hospital bed with an intravenous infusion on her hand. How she wants to laugh, but like a pro actress, she enters the room with a depressed look and calls her name with worry on her tone.