Chapter 23 - Nightmare

Sommelier stands in a perfect posture and slowly bows in manner. A bottle of medium bodied red wine is on his hand and is ready to be poured. He takes a step closer to the dining table and one by one, he starts professionally filling the Swarovski crystal wine glasses with the liquor. The sommelier bows once again after he is done with his job before finally he excuses himself and leaves the VIP lounge. Hands on the wine glasses, everybody lifts and brings their own glass for a toast. The light and glow of chandeliers fall on clear crystals on the stem of wine glasses and causes a beautiful sparkle effect. Everybody arises from their seat and immediately grandma gives a brief speech and congratulatory for the soon to be husband and wife, then the sound of glasses clinking follows shortly as celebration.

Jimin and Seulgi smile to the rest and take a sip of the red wine. They are both thankful for everybody who wishes them blessedness and happiness. There is only a month left before they are going to tie the knot and it makes them feel nervous and excited at the same time. Grandma recommends a wedding planner and organizer that helped Seojoon and Minyoung. Jimin agrees and he is the one who will contact them personally. He knows how good they are and he believes that they are more than capable to make and execute his and Seulgi's dream wedding in a very short period of time. It's in a rush so surely there will be a lot of hectic schedule and of course it will be chaotic as well but he will appreciate every piece of the process as it will be a memorable once in a life time event.

There is only a pleasant atmosphere inside the room. Everybody is just comfortable with each other and a little touch of alcohol really sets a good mood. They talk and laugh as they are already one big family. There is no sign of awkwardness, even the slightest one. In the middle of conversation, abruptly, Joohyun excuses herself to use the restroom and leaves right away. In a split second, Seulgi notices how pale her sister in law is and question comes to her mind. Is she unhealthy? Yes, inside the restroom next to the lounge, Joohyun stands infront of the mirror as she rests her palms on the edge of sink. She feels sick as all of sudden the nausea arises. She is alright a second ago, but right after the alcohol get through her system, she is not feeling well. She looks at her reflection and she is able to see how pale she is under the makeup. She closes her eyes to control her breathing yet it just invites dizziness to come. She sighs as she is confused as what is happening to her body. After that, without warning, she is hit by an inclination to throw up. Instantaneously, she bends to the sink and drowsily vomit. Something is wrong.

In a hurry, Joohyun returns to the VIP lounge as she realizes she is sick. She takes her seat and immediately comes close to her husband. She whispers at him and tells about what just happens. She gets a look from him and his eyes show worry. He inaudibly asks where is hurt and if she wants to go home first. She hesitates because she doesn't want to ruin the mood, but she also feels like she is about to faint. Eventually, she nods at him even though she terribly feels sorry to Seulgi. Minjae knows what is inside his wife's mind and same, he feels bad for her sister too but his wife looks ill. Then, he politely cuts the conversation and instantly asks permission to leave.

"It looks like Joohyun is sick" Minjae explain. The information makes everybody turns their face to Joohyun. It's obvious, she looks unwell. Everyone in the room understands her situation and agrees that she should leave first. Seola says nothing but she frowns deeply, a sign that she worries for her mother. She slowly gets off from her seat and comes to hug her mother. It touches Joohyun's heart, but at the same time it breaks her apart to see her daughter sad. She comforts her as she says that she will be alright and there is nothing to worry about.

"Minjae-ya, you better bring Joohyun to hospital" Grandma suggests.

"Yes, grandma---" Minjae answers and then turns his face to his father "---I will call the driver to pick you up" He says.