Chapter 13 - Busan

"Player natural nine, banker standard five, player win"

The dealer pushes a stack of casino chips to Jimin's direction and once again praises him for winning the game two times in row. His today's schedule is less hectic and he decides to play baccarat in VIP room as he also wants to check the casino's services. After sitting there for 20 minutes, he clearly understands why TodayBusiness magazine crowns TripleSeven Casino as the best luxurious casino five years respectively. He bets his head, everyone who ever sat on this seat could feel the exclusiveness of this place. Even people keep saying, if you successfully enter one of TripleSeven Casino's VIP rooms, congratulation, you are certified rich. That's why a lot of nouveau riche1 spend a high amount of money there to prove their position or gain higher social status.

Jimin cuts off his thought as he secretly shows his contempt through his expression. He breathes out and shrugs. At least, those nouveau riche make this casino's income skyrocket. Truthfully, he has bad impression and stereotype about nouveau riche (in reality, the older generation of old money always looks down on new money) because of his stepmother. It's proven that she is one of them. She never stops climbing for higher social status and keeps bragging about her money and power. It's quite embarrassing since he never sees his grandma, who technically far richer than her, boasts her wealth like that. But then again, that's why you can't compare old money with new money because they are completely a different clan.

Jimin stares at his stack of casino chips and pushes them back to the dealer as tip. He watches how the dealer gets taken aback but he just smiles and stands up from his seat. The dealer immediately bows deeply and says gratitude for his generosity. He nods slightly and turns around to leave, but suddenly someone barges in, it's none other than his stepmother. Behind, two securities follow and bow to him, apologizing for this incident.

"We were in a complicated position, Mr. Park, we really apologize"

Jimin understands the situation. He then puts his hands inside his pockets and asks everybody to give them some privacy. Once he is alone with only his stepmother, he looks into her eyes and immediately spots anger and fear there. He doesn't know what is her actual intention to come there, unmannerly like that. He keeps staring coldly as he says nothing. His stepmother tries hard to look all tough and fierce but she fails to fool him. He sees everything through her body language. She is now in a perfect defensive force.

Thereafter, Hyorin throws the umber brown envelope to the baccarat table and causes a quite loud sound. Jimin glances and slightly smirks. He feels honored to know that he is the reason why is his stepmother annoyed. He totally wants to laugh right now but he holds back and waits as he anticipates her to threat him back. He pretends like an innocent and puts a confused face. He purposely acts badly so his stepmother notices it and gets more annoyed.

"Stop it!"

Hyorin yells but her voice trembles. She sounds like a coward and it makes Jimin laughs. He loses his control. He ends up mocking her with his laughter. His mind keeps thinking about why she bothers to visit and throw down the gauntlet if she is not able to hide her own weakness infront of her enemy. He then bites his lips to lower down his laughter and gives her a sweet smile, just to trigger her anger more.

"What is that?" Jimin asks.

"Park Jimin, I know you were the one who sent it" Hyorin raises her tone.

"Ah, I remember now, that's true, it was me" Jimin still smiles.

"Listen, Jimin, sue me if you can---" Hyorin talks and this time she sounds a lot more confident. She takes a step closer and returns his gaze "---but let me tell you this, my criminal statute of limitation expired last year" She smirks as she smells her victory.