Chapter 7 - Moment

A mosaic garden table and pair of chairs are set up above green grasses. An antique vase stands tall as a centerpiece and successfully beautifies the whole table decoration. Scones, sponge cakes and finger sandwiches fill the tiered tray and completely look delicious. Seulgi sits on one of the chair and right in front of her, there is Jimin's grandmother. The maids pour warm earl grey tea and place a raspberry scone on a plate then serve it. Thereafter the maids bow and leave the backyard garden to give them some privacy.

"I'm sorry because I ask you to come this early" Grandma Park starts.

Seulgi just smiles and shakes her head slightly as she says it's alright. She feels happy because his grandma wants to meet her before goes back to Busan. Honestly speaking, she is still tired from last night party but she agrees immediately when his grandma invites her. The reason is because she wants to talk and grow closer to his grandma. She wants to know about him and his family more.

"You should try this---" Grandma talks as she points at the scone "---it's the best" Grandma talks as she puts a little piece to her own mouth.

Seulgi tries the scone and it tastes really good. She smiles at grandma and admits it as she gives a thumb up. There is a comfortable silent between them as they eat the sweet. In the middle, she starts looking around the garden and her sight falls to an open window. She sees Jimin there, yawning and stretching his hand to the air. Soft smile appears on her face as she thinks of how adorable he is. She watches him scratches his messy bed hair and yawns for the second time. It looks like he just wakes up from his long sleep and he actually has no idea about her being there.

"Jimin" Seulgi shouts a little and waves once Jimin finds her there.

Jimin's eyes wide open and he feels surprise with Seulgi's presence. Her beauty blinds him for a while and he has nothing inside his mind. He just stares at her and admires from afar. He hears her says good morning and it hits him hard. He gasps and closes the window instantly. He runs to the mirror and whines when he realizes that he is in a mess. He looks terribly ugly and she witnesses all of this. Dramatically, he closes his eyes and whispers to himself.

"It's embarrassing"

***

Through a closed window, Hyorin peeks and watches everything, their smile and laughter. Vaguely, she listens to a friendly conversation between her mother in law and Seulgi. She hates to admit, but she is jealous and envious towards Seulgi. She always wants to talk and joke with her mother in law like that but it's impossible. She knows, it's just something which happens inside her dream, her fantasy. All these years, she spent her time trying to impress her mother in law but kept failing because right from the beginning, her mother in law gave her no chance to enter the family and left her as an outsider. It's the bitter side of Hyorin's life as Park Junjin's wife.

Long time ago, Hyorin met Junjin and they fell in love. She thought it would be a fairytale but she found out about her lover's arranged marriage with Kim Jina. She was broken but Junjin promised to come back once he inherited everything. She patiently waited but it just shattered her heart when she heard about Jina's pregnancy. The only thing she did was crying and running away. Years later, she returned with plan and ruined their marriage. She was crazy back then. She got her hands dirty and successfully stole the throne from Jina.

Though Hyorin wore the crown, she never truly became the queen. In Junjin's mother's eyes, she would just forever be a concubine, a mistress. Her mother in law always looked down on her and everything she did was always wrong in her mother in law's perspective. She thought everything would change when she was pregnant but her mother in law was still as cold as an ice. All her mother in law cared about was Jina and Jimin. Right now, just adds Seulgi to the list. Every single individual on her mother in law's favorite person list automatically enters the list of most hated person by her. Yes, she is just a jealous bitch. Yes, she hates on and will keep hating on Seulgi. Why? Cause likely, Seulgi will be the one to steal her throne and that'll put her life at risk. She won't let it happen. Sooner or later, she needs to eliminate Seulgi and protect her place.