Chapter 1 - Ideal

Jimin wakes up early in the morning and he immediately takes a shower. He usually needs a lot of time to get ready, but today he decides to cut it off and make everything simple. He wears a plain white shirt with khaki pants. He sprays his Bleu de Chanel perfume and checks his blonde hair on mirror. He then comes out from his walk in closet as he puts on The Sea-Dweller Rolex watch on his wrist. He reaches the intercom and asks the butler to get a car ready. Thereafter, he heads to the front door as one of the maid follows behind, bringing his suitcase. He sees the butler and his father's personal assistant wait there with sturdy posture.

"Key" Jimin asks the butler who gives it right away.

"Doryeonim1, don't you want to have breakfast first? Your father will be ready in 15 minutes" His father's personal assistant asks.

"I need to go now before the traffic jam strikes, just tell him my greeting" Jimin talks.

Jimin walks to his car as they bow to him. He sits on the driver seat and puts his shade on. Once the maid places his suitcase inside and closes the trunk, he straightly rides away. It feels nice to leave that mansion without the need to see his father's face. He avoids his father because unexpectedly he experiences the same pain and hatred that he thinks gone long time ago. Perhaps because of the memories here, everything that he has been buried, slowly creeps and hits him again. How he really hates this feeling.

"Ah, it's annoying" Jimin nags to himself as he turns to Gyeongbu Expressway.

Jimin speeds up after he is in the highway. He wants to see his grandma real soon and hug her. Beside his mother's embrace, his grandma's one is the only thing that comforts and warms him. He really loves and respects his grandma more than anyone else in this world because she always there for him and never once she disappoints him. She is totally different from his father.

1Doryeonim – young master/ mister

***

After hours of driving, finally Jimin arrives infront of the majestic golden gate of his grandma's mansion. He rolls down the window to show his face to the guard who recognizes him in one second though he wears shade. The guard bows politely before he talks to the earpiece and the gate automatically swings open.

"Nothing changes"

Jimin mumbles as he smiles slightly. He drives his car slowly as he looks around his grandma's beautiful spacious garden. He really misses this place and he starts chuckling when he sees the pool fountain on the side. When he was young and mischievous, he used to swim there naked and peed the pool just to annoy his grandma. He got so much trouble after that but he kept doing it to rebel. Once he grew up, he stopped irritating and making his grandma mad. He began to work hard and become a grandson that she could be proud of.

In the other hand, his grandma, together with all her staffs already stand in the front. His grandma smiles widely when she watches his car stops there. She takes a couple of steps and sees her grandson jumps out from the car. He excitedly runs to her direction as he shouts happily but she just stares deeply through her glasses and feels a little bit taken aback by his blonde hair.

"Grandma, I miss you" Jimin cheerfully speaks her as he hugs her softly.

"Aigoo---" His grandma half scolds him and breaks the hug "---what is this?" She raises her tone playfully as she points at his hair "You look like a thug" She hits his shoulder, quite hard for someone on her age.

"Ah, it hurts" Jimin sulks cutely, making his grandma chuckle.

"You need to dye it black, but for now I'll let you slip---" His grandma orders and continues "---let's go, you must be tired" His grandma smiles lovingly at him and walks with him to the living room.

Jimin and his grandma have a casual conversation. They talk about his childhood and all the memories they made in this mansion as they savor the authentic chocolate cake made by his grandma's personal chef which he likes so much. As time goes by, the light conversation turns into a serious one after his grandma brings up the business.

"Jimin-ah, last month I've talked to your father and we agreed to place you in TripleSeven as the casino manager---" His grandma pauses and learns his expression, he actually looks a little bit upset with this decision but he hides it "---I think it's wise enough to place you there as your first stepping stone, you need to work hard and show, not only to me or your father, but also to TripleSeven's staffs and executives, that you worth to inherit this casino empire" She explains.

Jimin now understands. His grandmother wants him to slowly take over the business. She wants him to get to higher position naturally and with his own blood, sweat and tear. The only reason is because if he gets everything without any effort, most likely the staffs and executives won't give him any respect and appreciation.

"Okay, grandma, I understand, thank you for giving me this responsibility, I'll make you proud, I promise" Jimin smiles.

"I'll remember that promise---" His grandma winks and then continues "---now there is another thing to be settled" She gives a look to her personal assistant, Mr. Kim, and immediately he displays three photos on the coffee table.

"Take a look" His grandma orders.

Jimin glances and curses inside his heart. He knows it will happen but never thinks it will be this soon. He half-heartedly pays attention to the photos and takes a look one by one. He recognizes the lady on the first photo. She's Myoui Mina and her father just inherits more than twenty luxurious resorts all over Japan from her grandparents. The second picture, the lady looks not that pretty and she just gives bad impression, it's a double no. He sighs secretly and lands his eyes on the last one. It's his first time seeing her and in terms of look alone, she is his type, a typical Korean traditional beauty, she looks elegant.

"I think the last one catch your eyes" His grandma states as she witnesses how long he stares there.

"Who is she?" Jimin asks but he avoids his grandma's eyes because somehow it feels awkward.

"The first one, Myoui Mina, she's your father's choice and the second one, Yoo Hana, she's your stepmother's relative, I think your stepmother want to put her entire family into ours---" His grandma pauses.

Jimin rolls his eyes as he feels annoyed. His stepmother really tries to posses his family's wealth, but looks like she wants to fail because she chooses that lady. Did his stepmother think he has low standard or what? This is such an insult.

"And, who is she?" Jimin repeats because his grandma stops her explanation in the middle, trying to tease him.

"She's Kang Seulgi, my choice---" Jimin hears that and smiles a little because it's his grandma's choice and of course she knows him the best since she is the one who raises him.

"---I know her grandparents and her parents well, their family own private resorts and villas in Jeju Island which is famous among celebrities and politicians---" His grandma sees how focuses Jimin is and it amuses her "---last year I met her in her mother's funeral and that time I immediately remembered about you---" His grandma smiles but he furrows his brows, thinking about their similarity, they both lost their mother.

"---She's just like her mother, she's genuine and kind, that's why I think she will be good for you and your future---" His grandma praises Seulgi to be more convincing.

"---I'm happy that you choose my choice" His grandma ends it there.

"Who says I choose her?" Jimin contrarily asks. He doesn't want to bluntly admit.

Jimin's reaction brings laughter to his grandma. She just knows him so well and he doesn't need to explain to make her understand that he is just a little bit shy talking about girls. She shrugs at him and talks "Whatever, I schedule you to meet her next week, treat her well and don't embarrass me" She raises her brows at Mr. Kim who just politely smiles because their plan runs smoothly.

Jimin just pouts, acting like it upset him eventhough it's the otherwise. He turns his face away and hides his small smile. He's quite satisfied with his grandma's choice. Seulgi seems like a nice and modest person. It's a serious matter if it's about his future. He needs someone who willingly stays and supports him. Because his family tradition clearly states there's no divorce, he at least wants to spend the rest of his life with someone who can be his best friend. Out of the three, somehow he believes, Seulgi is the closest to the word 'ideal'.

***