Chapter 26 - Luck

There is so much to talk about. Word by word, soft and slow. Every worry and concern, one at a time is being shared between the two. Ears to listen and arms to embrace, they are more than enough to lift up the weight and burden on the shoulders. It's quiet and comfortable as there is only the sound of their whisper, delivering and responding one after another. Heart to heart, Jimin and Seulgi have a deep and intimate talk while they cuddle on bed closely, under a warm blanket. They openly speak about their life and feeling. Jimin tells her that he met his father today and it was the cause why he was down and sad. He opens up about his true feeling over his father, his scar and his forever shattered heart. Seulgi just listens as she caresses his hand and her gesture really shows how much she cares for him. It gives comfort to him and suddenly his restlessness disappears just like that. Yes, it's true, she is the only one who is capable to bring him an immediate peace and calm.

"It's okay, Jim, I'm here for you" Seulgi says in whispery.

Jimin smiles as he holds her tighter. He is grateful because he has her who always supports and stays beside him, in bad and good. He is in ease. His loneliness vanishes and there is only a warmness left. Slowly, he moves closer and places a short yet sweet kiss on her lips as his gratitude. He sees her smile appears and tells how beautiful she is. Right away, her smile grows wider and prettier. Oh, he is completely happy and satisfied to know that he is the reason behind that smile.

"Come here" Jimin asks as he gestures her to come closer.

Seulgi does it without even thinking. She instantly gets close as she rests her head on his chest and places her arm around his waist. There, she quietly listens to his heart beat and follows to his heave. She really wants to stop the time and keep this moment forever. It's so nice and comfortable. It's hard to explain but somehow, every time she is with him, she feels like she finds the last piece of puzzle that completes her. She is thankful that he is a part of her life. That they are destined to be together and walk the journey hand in hand.

"Seul" All of sudden Jimin calls her name.

"Hm?" Seulgi responses though she has her eyes closed.

Jimin hesitates. He wants to speak about the lawsuit for Sojung and contract termination for Body & Nature but he becomes unsure. If Seulgi knows, most probably, she is going to persuade him to cancel everything as she is too kind and forgiving. He breathes out secretly as he doesn't want it to happen. Whatever, it's what Sojung deserves and no one can change his mind. In the end, he decides to call off his intention and for now he is going to let it be a secret.

"Nothing, I just want to hear your voice" Jimin slips away.

One second, two seconds. There is no answer. Jimin slightly and carefully tilts his face then there he finds Seulgi is already sound asleep. It's understandable, she must be tired as she goes through a lot today. A sigh leaves his lips as he remembers about that. It still upsets him and he doesn't know when will he get over it. He reaches out his hand as he starts stroking and caressing her hair gently then he whispers softly.

"I'm sorry, because you are mine, you get hurt like this, but as long as I live, I promise to protect you at all cost"

Time is ticking and an hour passes. Jimin's body is numb as he can't move even an inch since she first fell asleep because he is scared that he is going to wake Seulgi up. He tries hard to avoid to disturb her but it's useless once her phone on the night stand starts ringing and vibrating. She is jolted and startled at the sudden sound but he instantly tries to appease her as he reaches out his free hand in panic and grabs her phone to answer the call. He has no idea who is calling until he hears her brother's voice.