Chapter 29 - Jealousy

The title is a family lunch party. It sounds like a warm and simple gathering but a conglomerate family one is of course special and different from the rest. In one night, all is planned and executed perfectly without any flaw. Seojoon and Minyoung feel satisfied with everything and both can't wait to share their joy with the other family members. Early, at 11 o'clock, the parents and in laws arrive to help the couple to welcome their guests. One by one, the family members show up and fill in the house. Chatter starts to get heard and laughter comes from every corner. As Seojoon and Minyoung talk to one of her closest cousin, his phone vibrates and immediately, he excuses himself. Once he is in a more quiet place, he picks up the call which is from his best friend, Minjae.

"Joohyun is suddenly feeling sick, I'm sorry, I think I need to skip the party" Minjae informs and he sounds so sorry.

"It's okay, probably because of the pregnancy, tell her to get well soon, let's just meet another time" Seojoon reassures.

"Alright, have fun, congratulation once again, bro" Minjae then ends the call.

For one second, Seojoon just stands there and hopes that Minyoung's going to have a smooth and easy pregnancy. Thereafter, he right away returns to his wife and sees his grandma is already there with Jimin's parents and half-brother. He rushes and once he joins them, his grandma pats his arm proudly as she gives her congratulatory. His uncle, aunt and cousin then follows to congratulate him. He smiles and shows his gratitude before he leads them to the other family members. Thereafter, he comes close to his wife and tells her how Minjae and Joohyun can't take part in this event. She is a bit sad as she is so excited to talk and ask so many things about pregnancy to Joohyun. She guesses that she has to hang out in another time.

"Ah, Jimin and Seulgi?" Seojoon asks Minyoung.

Minyoung shakes her head as she slightly pouts her lips. Seojoon then checks his watch and it looks like they need to start without them. Then, right at that moment, Jimin and Seulgi finally arrives as the last two guests. They apologizes for their lateness but Seojoon just says it's okay. Seulgi gives a congratulatory words to both and tells how much she is happy for them. Jimin does the same and there, Seojoon and Minyoung tease them to get pregnant as soon after the wedding take place. Seulgi is a little bit startled with the attack and can't help but blushing hardly. Different from her, Jimin just chuckles as he puts his thumb up and agrees that there is nothing to worry, he is going to work really hard.

"Jim" Seulgi protests.

Everybody laughs at Seulgi because she is such an easy target to be pranked. She asks them to stop but Seojoon evilly teases her more and right now her face completely turns pink. She knows it, that's why she hides her face on Jimin's chest and whines like a baby. Jimin smiles widely as he proudly tells Seojoon and Minyoung that his fiancé is this cute and adorable. It makes them roll their eyes playfully and quickly invite Jimin and Seulgi inside because they can't stand this lovey-dovey scene anymore. Jimin and Seulgi immediately follow behind and shortly they enter the living room where everybody is gathered. Once they are there, everybody turns their sight and greets them warmly with a smile, but of course, except one person, the stepmother.

"Welcome to our little house" Seojoon starts.

Everybody is on their seat and the main characters, Seojoon and Minyoung are standing to give a speech. It begins with Seojoon. He thanks everybody for their time and asks every one of them to give his wife and the baby ton of blessings. Then, Minyoung also gives a word about how grateful and thankful she is. Lastly, she wishes everybody is going to have a great time. After that, they both invite their family members to the dining room which already has additional tables and chairs. They ask everybody to take their seat. Jimin and Seulgi give chance to the older family members and wait in the corner. Once in a while, Jimin comes closer and whispers praises to Seulgi's ear. She gracefully smiles every time she hears his compliments and truthfully, she feels like there is only them in this room. She can see and hear him only but reality hits her when suddenly grandma calls her and his name.