Chapter 19 - Anger

Yoo Hyorin looks calm and quiet but it's a mask to cover up her fear. A sigh leaves her lips, over and over again. It drives her crazy until she feels like exploding. Slowly, she closes her eyes and takes a really deep breath. It's not easy to stay sane in this kind of situation but at least she tries her best. Exactly two hours ago, she asked her personal assistant to take down and block everything at once. Later, everything disappeared in a blink of eyes. For a while she got a piece peace of mind but it didn't last long. It was a boomerang. She thought she put out the flame but instead, the fire uncontrollably burnt down everything. People started questioning about The Insider Talk. Speculations were here and there. Rumors sparked and there she was, feeling scared that everybody would find out.

Don't misunderstand. Since the beginning, it was not about Jimin and Seulgi that triggered Hyorin, but it was the blind item between rookie idol C and chairman E. At first she, just like the other did, had no idea, but now she clearly understands. Yes, that damned chairman E is her husband. She really is speechless as she experiences another heart break. It hurts her enough to face this reality yet she needs to be the one who cleans this mess and whitewashes her husband's scandal and affair. Why did she take pains? Because she imagined about the public backlash and outrage, and wow, it would be beyond words. She just wishes it would stay behind the closed door, though, deep down inside her heart, she knows, a bigger storm is about to come and heartlessly ravage her life.

***

The sandalwood fragrance is always Grandma Park's favorite. It brings warmth and comfort, but at this very moment, it unsuccessfully relaxes her. She is enraged and furious. Her blood boils as she hears the latest information that Mr. Kim collected. It's unbelievable and in the same time can't be tolerated. Her own son is about to tarnish the whole family's image and she will do anything to prevent that. She thinks hard for a solution and eventually gets an idea. Truthfully, it's not a good one and she doesn't want to do it but she needs to becayse the other way around is a dead end. To cover up her son's scandal and minimize the damage, she has to sacrifice not only her beloved grandson but also his fiancé. It upsets her but she has no choice. The public's attention should be shifted and the only headline that could do is the announcement of Jimin and Seulgi's wedding. It's inequitable but she already makes her heart.

"Mr. Kim, please ask the maids to prepare everything, I will go to Seoul with my grandson" Grandma Park talks.

Mr. Kim nods slightly and then bow deeply before he excuses and leaves the room. As he disappears, Grandma Park exhales heavily. She swears, Junjin, her oldest son is useless. He keeps causing scandals and making affairs. In the end of the day, she is always forced to hide his sin and solve the problem. Today finishes off like that too. She has to visit Seulgi's family and explain everything. She is forced to take it as her responsibility and asks for help. She believes they will try to understand and lend a hand, but her grandson, she doubts it. She knows him too well. He will be against the decision. This time, once again, she probably will beg for a favor from Seulgi.

***

Jimin looks around his old bedroom and smiles a little. He will miss this place and its coziness. Soon, he will return to Seoul and his so called family. His smile disappears as he rolls his eyes before he walks to talk to the intercom, asking maid to bring down his luggage and help Seulgi with hers. After a while, maid comes and does his order. Then, he leaves his bedroom and heads to Seulgi's room. He knocks there but no answer. It's when he tries for the third time, Mr. Kim sees and approaches him to inform that Seulgi is with his grandma. He thanks Mr. Kim and is about to go away, but he halts as he notices his grandma's thirty years old custom-made suitcase on Mr. Kim's hand.

"Is grandma going somewhere?" Jimin asks curiously.

"Yes, doryeonim, she is going to Seoul with you" Mr. Kim tells him.