Chapter 30 - A Talk

D-2. The last suitcase has been locked and joined the rest of her belongings at the corner. Seulgi calls the maids to help her and shortly one by one the maid shows up and brings out her suitcases. After everything is done, she sits on the edge of her bed and sighs. Lately, she keeps thinking about her late mother and it makes her realizes how much she misses her mother. Slowly, she reaches out her hand and takes her mother's photograph. She runs her finger there and tears start to brim. It would feel nice if her mother was still around to give her a blessing. It would be nice if her mother was still there to witness her wedding. Yes, how nice that would be. She then brings her mother's photograph closer to her chest and hugs it tightly as she lets herself to cry.

"Mom, I miss you" Seulgi whispers between her tears.

After a while, Seulgi gets grip of her feeling and begins to calm down. She puts back her mother's photograph and smiles slightly to reassures her mother that she is alright. Then she takes a deep breath and stands up. She checks herself on the mirror and once she is sure there is no trace of her tears, she walks out of her own bedroom to the living room. On her way, she texts Jimin and tells him that she is about to leave to Busan with her family. At first, they plan to go together but he still has important meetings and he is not able to leave until tomorrow evening. It upsets her of course, but she understands that he also has responsibilities at work. Not long after that, she gets a phone call from him and she immediately answers.

"Take care babe" Jimin speaks.

Seulgi tells him to not worry and she is going to report as soon as she arrives. She then reminds him to not forget to eat as she vaguely hears his secretary asking for his signature and telling him that he has a meeting in fifteen minutes. It looks like he is busy yet he is still there to talk to her. It melts her heart, seriously, he is the best. She smiles unconsciously. Thereafter, he asks about her day and listens to her answer. Her voice is a vitamin for him and suddenly his tiredness disappears. He misses her so much. They have zero chance to meet this past week and the only communication they have is through call and text but that's never enough.

"Mr. Park, meeting will start in five minutes"

Seulgi hears Sohye, Jimin's secretary speaks loudly. There is also nervousness on Sohye's tone, probably she is scared that her boss will come late. Seulgi chuckles softly and encourages him to hang up the call and run to the meeting room. He agrees but she hears sulkiness there. He is not willing to end it but he has no choice right now. Hardly, he says goodbye to her and tells her how much he loves her. She smiles and does the same. Right before he ends it, he says those words that make her heart flutters. Again.

"I'll meet you at the end of aisle"

***

Seulgi stares outside the window. She looks at the scenery, the sea and the blue sky, as her ears keep listening to her father's conversation with Seola. The grandfather and the granddaughter talk about the pink pony character in full excitement and it's really adorable to the point where she starts smiling widely. She slightly glances at them before she focuses on the road that slowly shows those same Chinese elm trees. Then, once the car turns into that private cobblestone road, she somehow begins to feel excitement and nervousness at the same time. Butterflies in her stomach fly around delightedly. Her heart beats faster but when the gate opens automatically and the car enters grandma's spacious garden, her hearts suddenly skips a beat. The garden is already turned into a beyond beautiful-heavenly scene.

Blue sky as ceiling and green grass as flooring. There is a path that leads to an empty aisle. White wooden chairs are well-ordered on left and right. Eucalyptuses are neatly attached with white voiles on the back of each chair. At the end of aisle, near the magnificent twin shade tress, a circle wedding backdrop stands elegantly. Tufts of white baby's breath are twined and encircled throughout wooden material. The softness and ethereality of the flowers complete the romantic and intimate vibe. Tomorrow morning, everything is going to witness two human being exchange their vow and promise to love and to cherish until death do them apart.