Chapter 33 - Forgiveness

'Jimin, I bet you hear everything already. I'm sorry to keep the truth away from you all these years, I'm sorry to send you abroad when you want to bring this to court, I'm sorry for everything that I have done to you, for the pain and the scars. Though it's too late now, but this is the least I can do to stop my wife to hurt you and your wife even more. I know I have no right to ask forgiveness but still, this old man wants to shamelessly beg for one. Jimin, in three days, I'm going to move out from Seoul to Queenstown and probably not going to return anytime soon. Jimin, my son, I know I'm not a good father but still I wish you happiness and blessedness in your life with your dearest Seulgi. I wish your day will be filled with smile and laughter. Please be happy. One day, perhaps when you finally have no resentment left toward me and are able to forgive me, please come and visit Queenstown with Seulgi and maybe some of your kids, but for now, I need to say goodbye, farewell my son'

"Fuck"

It just slips as Jimin reaches the end of his father's text message. The same apology but it hits differently. He doesn't know how to handle it and right now he starts to lose an understanding of his own feeling. He is in a great confusion. Actually, he wants to ignore and pretend like nothing happen, yet in reality, it's the only thing that he thinks about and the reason why he becomes this anxious. A sigh leaves his lips before he once again curses out of frustration. It really bothers him to the point where his heart thumps hard and makes his head hurt. He is desperate to get rid of his thought and his feeling but he just drowns deeper. He breaths out heavily as he stares at his phone screen and rereads everything. As he reaches the last words, he suddenly hears his heart cracks and he chokes on tears. Tear drops on his face but he quickly wipes it away as he doesn't want to admit that he is affected by his father's words. He is in a complete denial.

In the other hand, Seulgi is taking her shower and soon enough she is finished. After she puts on her kimono robe, she gets out from the bathroom and immediately sees that Jimin is busy with his thought until he is not aware of her presence. She slowly approaches him and softly touches his shoulder. He is a little bit taken aback but he instantly gives her a sweet smile. It looks unnatural. She understands why and she doesn't even question him. She only returns his smile and he places a peck on her cheek before he hugs her tightly and tells her how much he loves her. She realizes how he tries to not bring up the conversation about that news and keeps distracting her and his own self from it. This is his decision and she needs to play along with him.

"I love you too" Seulgi whispers warmly.

Jimin secretly sighs but Seulgi catches it. She slowly moves her hands to his waist and embraces him. She snuggles closer to his chest and hears how his heart beats faster than usual. She is worried and her mind is kind of blank right now so she is not sure what she needs to do. In the end, she just strokes his back gently as she whispers comforting words. For a while, he stays silent but then shortly after that, he starts to open up. He shows her his father's text message and watches her as she reads it. She looks surprised and it's so obvious that she gets stressed because of it. Once she is done, she turns her face to him and gazes deeply into his eyes, trying to find an unspoken feeling. Confusion, sadness and frustration. Everything is so clear and evident. She proceeds to reach out her hand to caress his cheek, but suddenly he grabs that hand and pulls her to his embrace. There is no space between them and she gets flustered by his sudden action.

"Jim, what---"

Seulgi is not able to finish her words as Jimin takes her waist and leans his face to unexpectedly kiss her lips. He impatiently nibbles and smooches her lower lips as he makes her more confused with the sudden change of the mood. At first she only petrifies but she starts responding when he touches and caresses her waist softly. She kisses him back as she cups his face and strokes his jawline with her finger. For a while they are both lost in each other's lips until he decides to pauses and looks into her eyes.