Chapter 18 - Bomb

A phone keeps vibrating on the nightstand and its low sound is quite disturbing. It's only an hour ago she fell asleep but now the incoming call forces her to wake up. Seulgi sighs under the blanket as she lazily reaches out her hand and grabs her phone. She peeks from one of her eye and sees her sister in law's name on screen. Then, it just hits her. There must be something wrong happening or else Joohyun will never urgently call her early in the morning. She picks up the call and before she could say anything, Joohyun bombards her with questions, sounding so worry.

"Seulgi-ya, where are you now? Oh my, did you see the article? Did you read that? Did you really---"

"Eonnie, slowly, what happened?" Seulgi needs to cut Joohyun off before her sister in law adds more questions to the list.

"I'm sorry, I bet you just wake up---" Joohyun talks "---that means you have no idea of what's happening" She continues and catches a hum from across "The Insider Talk just released a new episode, read that first and call me back later, get it?" She gives a full command and ends the call right after that.

Seulgi stares blankly as she tries to process the command. She just wakes up from her unproper sleep and her brain is in an error mode for a second before it starts functioning. Thereafter, she immediately browses the episode and reads it. Actually, she somehow knows it will be about her and Jimin, but still, after she gets into the last paragraph, she is just speechless in a very bad way. She truthfully feels upset and annoyed and this is the first time she ever experiences such negative feeling. She takes a deep breath and calms her emotion yet fails. She is so mad, not because The Insider Talk exposed her engagement, but because they unfairly stole her intimate moment with Jimin. It was a moment that should be shared only between her and Jimin, but they ruined it. Now, the whole nation consumes it and even begs for more pictures. Ridiculous, how people couldn't mind their own business. It's totally a violation of privacy.

Seulgi keeps sighing. What a mood breaker. If she feels like this, then what's about Jimin? She believes, he surely will be angry and furious. He will explode in anger and in no time he will probably file a lawsuit and sue The Insider Talk. She worries about him and keeps thinking about possibilities that could happen once he sees the article. Between her thought, she realizes that she needs to call Joohyun back. Instantly, she dials Joohyun's number and gets an answer in a flash.

"Did you read it?" Joohyun asks.

"Yes and I feel unfair,---" Seulgi is honest "---it should be my and Jimin's moment but---" She sighs "---God, it's a mess" She slightly whines.

"I'm so sorry for that, what should I do? Should I take down the article?" Joohyun offers a help.

Again, Seulgi lets out a little sigh. She thanks her sister in law but she also refuses because she knows, it's useless. Half of the population already read the episode and saw the pictures. It's too late. Everything is already stolen from her. Now, it's Joohyun's turn to sigh. She hears sadness in Seulgi's tone and it breaks her heart. She understands it really well, for Seulgi, it's a once in a lifetime experience but by force of circumstances, she needs to share with others. Yes, she agrees, it's unfair.

"Cheer up, take this, I send you a warm comfortable virtual hug" Joohyun speaks.

A smile appears on Seulgi's face. It surprisingly lights up her mood and suddenly her sadness disappears. Her sister in law successfully makes her feel a lot better and finally she decides to share her story. Actually she feels bad because her own family finds it out through another person's article and not from her own mouth. That's why she plans to tell everything with every single detail.

"Yes, now I'm Park Jimin's fiancé, he proposed me in a really unexpected way" Seulgi says as a wide smile graces her face.

Joohyun covers her mouth with her palm to muffle her happiest scream. If only her husband isn't there sleeping, she believes that she already squeals at the top of her lungs. She congratulates as she wiggles her shoulder enthusiastically. She hears Seulgi's chuckle as the younger one begins to deliver the story. Seulgi starts with how Jimin proposed her, the simplest yet sweetest one. She recalls how Jimin didn't kneel down but stood so close to her as he asked her to marry him. She also mentions that the engagement ring is originally his grandma's.