𝖙𝖜𝖔

Hyunjin POV

"Sir, The Danjag clan is weak at this moment, I say we use this as our chance to take them out and seize their land" The blonde boy suggested.

"Not now Felix, the time isn't right." I stated, staring out into the distance of the town.

"Hyunjin this is our chance to gain more power-" Felix tried to explain to me but was cut off.

"Think Felix, if the Danjag clan are at a disadvantage wouldn't the others be thinking of taking them on. Do we want to get caught up in that? Of course not, besides we have our own problems to deal with" I lectured, not evening sparing a glance at the younger.

"What problem? I haven't seen anything out of the usual" Lix responded, furrowing his eyebrows.

"We have a rat, and whoever that is has been working with the rogues"

"The rogues? We've never had a problem with them before, they have always been too afraid to set foot on our land." Felix questioned confused "Is this why you called me here today?"

There was a moment of silence. I finally tore my eyes away from the balcony, my blonde hair flowing in the soft breeze. I look towards the boy who stood by me. No matter how hard Felix tried he could not read my emotions.

"Yes Felix," I calmly responded.

"Then, shall I summon a meeting?" Felix questioned, whilst walking alongside me.

"Yes, I would like you to assemble the council" I answered.

"Should I call it as an amber meeti-" Felix was interrupted by me sticking my arm out in front of him.

A yellow light came out of my freehand, it was a lion. The majestic beast that erupted from my hand, which was made of fire and light, bowed down to me.

"Kairos, what's wrong?" I asked my spirit animal, in a stern tone.

Kairos was a large lion, but only he wasn't a lion. Kairos is a manticore who possessed the powers of flight, fire, poison, and bending light. We share these magical abilities with each other. The creature had large fiery wings, a scorpion tail loaded with poison, the body of a strong lion but the mind as confusing as mine.

The creature simply motioned for me to follow him. "Stay here Felix, make sure that you call out Wisp" I informed.

After I walked away, Felix had summoned his hawk. Wisp was a transparent Hawk with beautiful cloud-like wings and feathers that could blind someone with how bright they were. Her abilities were being able to turn invisible and control the wind. Seeing as Hawks are represented to have a strong vision, Wisp can see short glimpses of the future. All these abilities are shared with Felix.

Looking back one last time, I made sure to remind Felix to not follow me.

I was following Kairos to the forest. "Kairos what are you trying to lead me to?" I asked the creature.

The manticore ignored me and carried on leading the way through the dense forest. The enchanted forest they had entered had changed to an eerie, spine-chilling woodland. Gnarled roots dipped into and out of the ground and twisted branches reached down, small twists of lights could be seen casting an unearthly green–black luminescence over the ground. The canopy seemed so thick to the point that when you looked up, you would think it was night.

Kairos suddenly stopped and moved to the side, making room for me to look at what he was lead to. There was a giant hole in the circle of trees.

"Kairos-" I tried forming a sentence before grabbing his sword and slicing something or someone open.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

How was this chapter? Once again I would like it if you could mention something I could improve on

I feel like the story was going too fast before, it's still kinda fast but at a somewhat alright pace.

Have a good day/night

:)

sUrPrIsE

sUrPrIsE