𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖎𝖝

Aria POV: 

We both had our swords pointed in each other's direction, our animals baring their teeth at the other. Jeongin was just behind me, I need to win this so he can run up and alert the others. For a short period of time, we just stayed still, not breaking eye contact, not moving. 

I waited for him to make the first move, I just need to keep doing it for a bit so I can get a small prediction of his next move. He did exactly as I thought, his beast lunged at Gray. Gray is extremely agile so he dodged it with ease. It seemed as if his manticore used frenzy attacks instead of small intervals between each strike. Gray and I shared a mind, I believe every Spirit holder does. All my thoughts went straight to him so following my command was simple. 

The flaming creature will eventually tire itself out and there seems to be a pattern with each assault. They seemed to be getting sloppier each time, nows my chance. Gray pounced on the manticore by avoiding a previous attack and bouncing off the wall. Now on the lion's back, he ripped anything he could. Whether it be the creature's neck, back, or wings.

Eventually, the creature threw the wolf off of its back. We managed to deal quite a bit of damage to the opponent's spirit animal. "KAIROS, TACKLE" Hyunjin finally said, well yelled, something. The firey manticore flew in a diving motion to Gray, holding the wolf down. Gray, being a wolf, was significantly smaller and didn't have the energy to grow larger at this point.

"Leave this, it will only be a battle of endurance at this rate" I suggested, pointing out how both of them were visibly exhausted. "Is this you admitting defeat?" He pried, knowing very well he was good at ticking people off. 

"No, let's settle this like people, we have swords don't we? Why not use them?"  I preached. It didn't matter how good he was at sword fighting, I will find a way to beat him. He seemed to have agreed since Kairos, his manticore, retreated to him and vanished. I did the same. 

I tossed my sword over to Jeongin and pulled out two daggers I had strapped to my thigh. I was more confident with them since it wasn't as much a hassle as having to carry a long blade. "Oh?" He smirked at me, wrapping his slender fingers around the sword properly. 

Just as before, he charged forward, making the first move. The male swung his sword at my waist in which I diligently dodged and copied the same attack but at him. The sword came pummeling down towards me, I blocked it with the daggers, holding him off 

I had gotten Gray to drag Jeongin upstairs, to go get back up. Pushing him off me, I threw one of the knives at him. He barely dodged it but it would've jabbed him right in his head if he were a second too late. He ran at me again, this time instead of using the blade, he hit me in the skull with the sword handle. 

Knocking me down to the ground, Hyunjin stood above me, his sword pressed down against my throat. "Any last words?" He ridiculed me with that stupid smile of his. "In fact I do, good luck having a baby" I boasted before using all my force and kicking him in the crotch, making him lose his balance. 

I stood up and pushed him down, now on top of him, I grabbed a few of my other daggers and stuck them down into his clothing, nailing him down to the ground. Holding another blade in my hand, I played with it whilst sitting on top of him. "You little-" He tried cursing at me before I grabbed his throat, choking him. 

"Be quiet and just wait for the others to come down here"

Hearing a stampede coming down the stairs, I knew back up had arrived. 

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

A/N: NOT PROOF READ (again)

Sorry for the short chapter, I haven't been the best mentally atm. I'll try to carry on posting more frequently (as I was meant to before) and not once every month. I promise you, the chapters after this won't be as bad, I'm just having writer's block for this book rn.