Chapter 1 Pt 4- Investigation

"(Y/n)-chan??"

I stopped tossing the ball for a second and looked over at my friend Shoyo. He had asked me to practice volleyball with him and I mean, who was I to say no.

"Yeah what is it??"
"One day, when we're all old, we should get a big house together! You, me, kageyama, yamaguchi, and as much as I hate to admit it Tsukishima."
"But I'm graduating before you right? Won't it be hard?"
"Only by a year!! And anyways we'll make it work!!"

I laughed and went up to him, ruffling his hair slightly. To which he closed his eyes and giggled slightly.

"Ok then, I'll be counting on you to keep that promise"

Present day-to-day

Ding dong ding dong

"A body had been discovered. Better round up clues on the culprit because we're having a trial!! I was just going to let them go but where's the fun in that?! Now get too it!!"

Beep

"Shoyo wake up!!"

I rushed over to Shoyos body, ignoring the voices telling me to wait. I put my hands into the cabinet and gently shook his shoulders.

"Shoyo wake up! Dumbass this isn't funny! Don't go pulling pranks at a time like this!"

I could hear futakuchi behind me, finding it hard to look at the scene anymore. Kageyama had left the room, along with Kenma and Aone.

"Shoyo..."
"Wow looks like he got killed, poor guy"

The lack of emotion coming from Atsumus voice at that moment... He sounded fine, unaffected by all this. I wanted so badly to slap him, punch him, make him apologize. However as soon as I stood up, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to face Kuroo, who shook his head and stared at me with a pitying look.

Slowly I broke down. I felt my knees buckle underneath me and I dropped to the floor crying, hugging myself for some comfort. One by one everybody left the room to give me some space. At least I thought they had. After a while I felt another hand on my shoulder, and behind me there was Tendou.

"Hey (y/n)-Chan, wanna help me find the killer?"

I stared at Tendou for a minute, before he coughed and continued.

"I'm sure Hinata would want you to find out as well, you should avenge him. If not for yourself, then for him at least"

He was right. I needed to find out who killed him. Not just for me, or the others. But Shoyo as well. I wiped the tears I had and nodded my head, before standing up on slightly shaky legs and heading my way over to his body.

I took a deep breath before looking at the damage. There was a large bloody wound in the middle of his chest. I assume that's what killed him since there weren't any other marks. I stood up from the cabinet and looked at the sink. There was a blood stain on the edge of it. It didn't look very big, so the killer must have missed it.

Out of nowhere a pad dropped out of the monitor above me. I grabbed it and read what it said.

Victim: Hinata Shoyo
Time of death: 10:35
Cause of death: stab wound to the chest
Other injuries: slight blunt trauma on the head

"(Y/n)-Chan,look at this"

Tendou pointed into the kitchen bin, where bits of glass were. Some were more curve hen others. When I looked up, not far from the bin there was a slippery tile. Or at least it was slightly wet, with what I wasn't sure.

I decided to check the kitchen for a potential murder weapon. So I got up and had another look around. Tendou probably knew what I was doing, because he ran over to the knives, suggesting they could be it. Most were rather dusty, however one was quite clean, possibly washed up.

"Uhh hey tendou? You were in here yesterday right? Did you see anything?"
"Uhh not much, there was a really big bang somewhere through the night tho."
"But I mean you were in the kitchen right?"
"I actually went to the cafeteria during the night to set up the molds, and then the door got locked on me and I was locked in"

He explained to me how Iwaizumi came early and had to let him out. I believed him, and he suggested that we should check Shoyos room next.
Along the way we ended up running into kageyama. He still looked pretty shaken up over what happened, but I can't blame him... I mean I am too.

I asked him about if he had seen anything suspicious. He said he hasn't, although he was worried about how Shoyo was restless when he saw him after the meeting.

I thanked him and we made our way to Shoyos room. I took a deep breath and opened the door. It wasn't much different to mine, except the clothes and volleyball. I looked around and noticed how there was a slip of paper inside of the bin. I to on it and opened it up, what was inside shocked me.

It was a letter, asking Shoyo to meet him in the kitchen so they could talk.  I couldn't believe it... Did somebody really target Shoyo?! But why? I don't understand?!

I couldn't let the letter get to me too much, if I did the killer would get away. I put the letter into my pocket. Just as I did that, the door opened and Iwaizumi peeked inside.

"Oh you guys are here?"
"Yeah we came to look for clues I guess, you?"
"Same, just thought I should try and do him some justice... He was a good guy"

The room went silent for a moment before Tendou questioned Iwaizumi about if he had seen anything. To which he said that he hadnt, he went to bed earlier then some of the others and he hadnt seen Hinata since the meeting. He just assumed he had gone to bed.

After questioning Iwaizumi the monitor in Hinatas room went off. And there we saw Monomolten.

"It's trial time baby!! Get your asses over to the trial room! You should know where it is! I mean we had to use the other gym for something right?!"

And it cut off. As everybody made their way towards the gym I thought about the reality. One of us really killed Shoyo, one of us is a murderer. And for Shoyos sake, and everyone's here. I'm going to find out who did it. Mark my words.

Trial start!!