Chapter 4 Pt 8- Late night chat

After Kenmas death...we all just kind of stood there...nobody dared make a move...

"Hey Kuroo...are you ok

After a little while Osamu spoke up... going over to Kuroo and Bokuto to check on them.
I wanted to move to, and ask if they were ok and if there was anything I could do...but my legs wouldn't move. It was like they were glued in place.

"Yeah...I'm ok.."

After a little while, Kuroo wiped the tears on his face, and turned to face us.

"I don't think Kenma would want me to be like this...so I have to try my best to not be like...well..this"

With that said, Kuroo excused himself. Closely followed behind by Bokuto.

One by one, people began to excuse themselves. Until only Atsumu was left in the room. I didn't think much about it, so I left it be. But if I had known what was going to happen back then. Maybe I would've stopped it.

Wanting to clean up the mess that had been made, I went to the kitchen and moved all the bottles back into their original cabinet. So that way none of us would forget where they were in the future.

After that was finished, I started to clean off the sides, as they were starting to look really dirty. One thing my mum used to say was that dirtiness and mess used to make her really depressed. So I was hoping maybe this is one way I could start helping everyone.

"Oh, y/n-chan, heya.."

All of a sudden Kuroo started to enter the room. Sitting down in one of the stools and asking what I was up to. I told him about how I was just sorting everything out, and he offered to help clean off the table.

"Huh?? Nonono I couldn't possibly ask you to-"

"Rellaaxxx I said I would help right? You didn't ask me to do anything, I want to"

Still worried, I agreed to let him help and for a while we both cleaned the kitchen, with the odd workers and there about how each of us were getting on.

Eventually Kuroo had finished, and I had finished 5 minutes later. Wanting to help him out, I grabbed us both some ice cream from inside the fridge. I knew he wouldn't accept it if he knew it was to cheer him up, so I told him it was a reward for working hard. And grabbed myself one too.

"Ohhh ok, thank you"

"It's no problem really"

We both sat at the table eating our ice creams. Eventually though I had to address the elephant in the room.

"Kuroo...are you ok..?"

It felt like he knew this was coming, he had a light sigh before sending a sad smile in my direction.

"Of course not...but Kenma pretty much said it himself..he didn't want me to feel guilt, nor sorry. And if I am as great a friend as I think I am, I should probably hold up that promise"

After he got it all out I told him that I would be here if he ever needed someone to talk to. He thanked me and we both continued on with our previous conversation. We exchanged a couple of laughs here and there before parting ways and heading back to our dorms.

It had been a really long day. For now all I wanted to do was sleep...and that's exactly what I did.

??? Pov-

You know, I'm starting to feel sorry for them!
...
Of course I'm kidding! Honestly what kind of person do you think I am?!
...
Listen, if he were here he'd kick me ass, but last time I checked he was fucking dead!
...
No it's not my fault he died! And even if it was why should I care?? It's not like his death affects me or anything. Maybe it's part of the reason that I am who I am today! But if that's the case I should be thanking him. Because from what I just overheard...things are going to get a little more exciting around here..!