Chapter 6 Pt 3- the sun and the moon

After finally making it, I spotted them looking towards one of the rooms and then back at me. Both of them looking really confused.
After a minute, they led me into the teachers office. Kuroo going to grab something and Bokuto standing with me.
"So, y/n-chan, we may have found something"

"Uh-huh, go on.."

Based on the way Bokuto phrased those words. I assumed they had found something really bad. But what they presented me with actually confused me.

"Surprise!"

"It's...a picture of me?"

Kuroo handed me a picture of me standing in a group photo. In it were a bunch of my friends. Mostly from different teams. People like Nishinoya, Kita, Lev, Kogane...all of them were there.

"Did you guys find any pictures of yourselves?"

"Apart from team pictures, no," Kuroo sighed, "and those were all in a folder of some kind. This one was celotaped to the outside of it.

Kuroo handed me the folder and I had a look through. There used to be writing but it was all burnt and scribbled out. Probably something they didn't want us to see. There were indeed pictures of all the teams. But the people in my group photo were cut out from the team photos. Only leaving a silhouette in their place.

"By the looks of things, the people in this photo were probably targeted.." Kuroo started, taking the folder and putting it on the teachers desk. "I mean, MonoMolten already showed us the people from this photo being punished"

Thinking back to the video message we got instead of the execution made me feel sick. I think I almost was, but I managed to hold it in. Until I felt my breath hitch, realising what Kuroo was saying.

"If..if I was one of the ones they targeted.. then wouldn't that mean you all weren't meant to be here..? What if you were all just in the wrong place at the wrong time..?"

By this point the tears had started to spill. Bokuto tried to convince me that we didn't know that yet, but even so I asked for a minute to calm myself down. Making my way towards the dorms to take five in my room.

The tears had just begun to stop when I heard a massive clutter on my way back. It sounded like a bunch of pots and pans fell from the kitchen. I slowly walked over, seeing Tendou gently putting them all back up on the rack.

"Are you ok?"

Tendou turned towards me, giving me a smile and nodding.

"Sorry about this, I was trying to grab a drink and ended up banging into everything"

I told him it was ok, and helped him put them away. Before we both moved to the canteen and sat down at a table.

"So..how are you holding up?"

It took a moment, but he eventually sighed. Looking down at the floor and fiddling with his drink.

"Honeslty y/n-chan..I dunno. I thought I'd be ok but I guess not"

I hadn't known Tendou very long. From the time we had spent together, I could tell that Ushijima was very important to him. But again I had only just met the guy, him and Ushijima had been friends for quite a while. I had no idea how close they were.

I looked over to the kitchen, at the closet where this whole killing game had begun. Hesitantly, i turned to Tendou.

"When I lost Hinata..," I started, "it felt like the world was going to end"

"I started seeing shit, everything seemed dull, it was like the sun had just been snatched away from my life. And all that was left was some tiny stars"

"But I mean, even nighttime has a moon, and sometimes it can help guide the way just as the sun did"

Tendou turned to me, wide eyed. To which I gave him a sad smile.

"The sun can never be replaced, it's a crucial part of our existence. But even if it shines less brightly, the moon hopes it can make life a little easier in the suns absense"

"You were an excellent moon for me, so let me be one for you too"

Once I had finished speaking, I looked down at the table and put my own drink down, before hearing laughter coming from the redhead beside me.

"Y/n-chan, that's the weirdest thing I've heard you say since I've met you!"

"H-hey! I was just trying to help! Besides, everyone likes a good analogy now and then"

I let Tendou finish his laugh, before hearing a sigh. Suddenly being embraced in a hug.

"Thanks y/n-chan, I needed that"

I smiled, returning the gesture.

"Your welcome"

Whilst we hugged, I noticed a small notebook poking out of his pocket. It didn't look like his own, if anything it looked like..

"What's that?"

"Oh! It's a clue I found in the broadcasting room. I think it might be Monomoltens diary"

He took it out of his pocket and handed it to me. I slowly positioned myself so that we could both read its contents, only to find there was only one page actually written in.

'Dear diary,

This is so fucking lame, but I thought I'd keep track of the days since my creator asked me to host this whole killing game thing. Out of all the despairs, my creators the nicest. So when they proposed this idea, of course I was on board! They never mentioned that they'd forget all about me and everyone else though. And leaving it to those idiots??! The most I can do is help them along. Give them a bit of the special treatment. Hell, if they heard I was doing this they'd probably kill me. No joke... YOU KNOW WHAT FUCK IT DIARYS ARE LAME'

"And...and that's we're it ends I guess-" Tendou tried to hold back a laugh.

Can't remember? Did something happen to the host of this game..?

"GIMME THAT!"